Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this winter. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 11724
Location: Morrisville, NC
Facility/Division: Health Alliance
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
UNC Health Alliance is UNC Health’s statewide clinically integrated network and population health services organization. The mission of this team is to transform healthcare delivery on behalf of more than 7,200 providers by offering patient-centered solutions to populations covered under alternative payment models. Joining this team means you will work closely with providers, practices, payers, business leaders, and community partners to improve the quality and accessibility of care while lowering the cost of care for patients, payers, and businesses. We are a growing team looking for top talent to help us with creative solutions that improve patient care and help make healthcare more affordable. Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Responsible for regional management of a large and diverse team of care management professionals including Care/Case Managers, Registered Dietitians, Care Coordinators, and other clinical staff. Works in collaboration with multiple stakeholders to implement evidenced based guidelines, efficient workflows, and strategic initiatives to advance high quality/low cost health care delivery.
UNC Health Alliance is UNC Health’s statewide clinically integrated network and population health services organization. The mission of this team is to transform healthcare delivery on behalf of more than 7,200 providers by offering patient-centered solutions to populations covered under alternative payment models. Joining this team means you will work closely with providers, practices, payers, business leaders, and community partners to improve the quality and accessibility of care while lowering the cost of care for patients, payers, and businesses. We are a growing team looking for top talent to help us with creative solutions that improve patient care and help make healthcare more affordable.
1. Responsible for driving regional success, utilizing effective analytics and reporting, optimizing performance, and developing and implementing population health services that positively impact patient outcomes and utilization of health care resources.
2. Responsible for day-to-day management and supervision of centralized and embedded care management staff. Responsible for recruitment, training, and retention of qualified RN and LCSW Care/Case Managers, Registered Dietitians, Care Coordinators, and other clinical staff.
3. Establishes efficient workflows, policies and procedures, and documentation standards. Implements evidence based guidelines for effective care management, including patient outreach, education, care transitions, and appropriate referrals to promote care plan adherence and transition to self-management.
4. Establishes a multidisciplinary care team model which encourages active participation from all members. Development of educational and marketing materials to promote client and provider engagement.
5. Responsible for implementing quality programs based on Lean Methodology and Hoshin planning to achieve or exceed agreed upon organizational goals.
6. Leads and participates in UNC HCS committees related to high quality/low cost health care, internal and external provider relationships, and value-based contracts.
7. Responsible for maintaining current skills through self-development and relevant education. Identifies trends and responds proactively to changes in the health care market place.
8. Maintains compliance with governmental and regulatory agencies.
● Requires BSN, MSW or related health care licensure
● Appropriate licensure
- Commission for Case Manager (CCM) Certification, preferred
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Requires three years of management experience leading multidisciplinary teams, previous care management and clinical management experience. Excellent leadership, organization, communication, and interpersonal skills required.
- Experience with NCQA Accreditation, strongly preferred
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret complex documents. Ability to respond effectively to sensitive inquiries and complaints. Ability to make effective and persuasive presentations on controversial or complex topics to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors. IT Skills: Ability to develop reports and spreadsheets, analyze data and monitor trends.Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Health Alliance
Organization Unit: Pop Health Clinical Services
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Morrisville
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.