Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this winter. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 6056
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
This position assists the Volunteer Services Director in implementing a variety of volunteer-related activities, including the coordination and supervision of several volunteer sub-programs and activities. Employees are responsible for ensuring that the volunteer programs operate in accordance with all regulations and certification requirements
1. Develops and implements orientation programs and training arranges speakers, prepares program materials. Ensures volunteers are aware of and comply with all relevant regulations, policies, and procedures.
2. Develops evaluation and recognition events for volunteers and service areas.
3. Plans and implements volunteer programs and events, including registration and orientations. Coordinates volunteer-run programs, such as Health Watch Personal Response, court mandated community service, etc.
4. Plans and organizes annual and special events coordinates all logistics for events such as food, locations, speakers, etc. related to volunteer activities. Plans and implements advance publicity for events arranges registrations and orientations.
5. Recruits, interviews, screens, and places eligible volunteers. Conducts background screenings.
6. Schedules volunteers, monitors attendance and performance of volunteers. Tracks volunteer hours and maintains other records. Monitors activities to ensure quality of service.
7. Works with departmental liaisons to develop service areas and ensures departments have a clear understanding of the tasks and roles of volunteers.
● Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate discipline (or equivalent combination of education, training and experience).
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● If a Bachelor's degree: Two (2) years of work in volunteer services which has provided the required skills and abilities.
● If an Associate's degree: Six (6) years of work in volunteer services which has provided the required skills and abilities.
● If a High School diploma or GED: Ten (10) years of work in volunteer services which has provided the required skills and abilities.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: Volunteer Services
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.