Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this winter. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 11630
Location: Morrisville, NC
Facility/Division: Health Alliance
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
UNC Health Alliance is UNC Health’s statewide clinically integrated network and population health services organization. The mission of this team is to transform healthcare delivery on behalf of more than 7,200 providers by offering patient-centered solutions to populations covered under alternative payment models. Joining this team means you will work closely with providers, practices, payers, business leaders, and community partners to improve the quality and accessibility of care while lowering the cost of care for patients, payers, and businesses. We are a growing team looking for top talent to help us with creative solutions that improve patient care and help make healthcare more affordable. Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Responsible for development and supervision of the Care Management Program, including hiring and training of qualified staff of Care/Case Managers, Registered Dietitians, Care Coordinators, and other clinical staff. Works in collaboration with multiple departments to develop policies and procedures, efficient workflows, documentation standards, metrics, and reporting. Description of Job Responsibilities:
1. Maintains an environment of safety for patients, self and others.
2. Provides management and supervision of centralized complex case management program. Responsible for recruiting, training, and retention of qualified multidisciplinary team. Establishes efficient workflows, policies and procedures , and documentation standards. Implements evidence based guidelines for effective care management, including patient outreach, education, care transitions, and appropriate referrals to promote care plan adherence and transition to self-management.
3. Establishes a multidisciplinary care team model which encourages active participation from all members.
4. Responsible for implementing quality programs based on Lean Methodology and Hoshin planning to achieve or exceed agreed upon organizational goals to include improved patient outcomes and reduction in utilization of health care resources.
5. Actively participates in UNC HCS committees related to high quality/low cost health care, internal and external provider relationships, and value-based contracts.
6. Responsible for maintaining current skills through self-development and relevant education. Identifies trends and responds proactively to changes in the health care market place.
7. Maintains compliance with governmental and regulatory agencies.
● Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, Health Administration or related field.
● Appropriate licensure. CCM preferred
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Five (5) years of program/project management experience required.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Health Alliance
Organization Unit: Pop Health Clinical Services
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Morrisville
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.