Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this winter. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 10978
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Provides the principle office/administrative support to directors. Handles confidential information and uses discretion in dealing with internal and external contacts. Duties include a wide variety of activities that reduce the attention the supervisor must give to administrative and office operation details.
1. Serves as primary assistant to a Director. Organizes supervisor’s files (electronic and paper). Ensures materials are readily accessible and that file maintenance is current. Maintains confidentiality of information
2. Researches and composes a variety of correspondence, memoranda and reports using office support software packages. Compiles materials from multiple sources into a unified presentation. Maintains confidentiality of information
3. Communicates and follows up with department managers regarding project and report data due to supervisor. Ensures agenda and documents for discussion are distributed in advance to meeting attendees. Prepares and distributes minutes of meetings.
4. Screens telephone calls, visitors and appointments. Provides information or refers appropriately. Opens, reads and screens mail addressed to supervisor. Responds to routine correspondence as instructed. Responds to email as instructed
5. Schedules calendar commitments for supervisor. Arranges meetings, conferences and travel logistics for executives and officials.
6. Monitors and maintains administrative office budget.
1.Advanced computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, and Outlook required. Powerpoint and Visio are strongly preferred.
2.Excellent organizational and multitasking skills
● High School diploma or GED
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Two (2) years of progressive experience in a clerical, administrative or office management role.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: OQE Performance Improvement
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.