Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this winter. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 11695
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
This position qualifies for our UNC Hospitals – Support Services Commitment Incentive program, which includes $1,500 paid over a two (2) years. Equal payments will be made every six (6) months of employment from their start date during the two (2) year commitment. Learn more about the incentive program here: https://jobs.unchealthcare.org/pages/unc-hospitals-support-services-commitment-incentive-program
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve. Our Nutrition and Food Services team are true culinary professionals within an award-winning, nationally recognized healthcare system. As a valued member of the UNC Health family, our NFS team helps to provide top quality Carolina Care, fueling our patients, their families, and our own employees. Our recipe for career success is reflected within our organizational values and what we can offer our team members. Offering a full comprehensive benefits package with up to 5 weeks of paid time off accrued annually, tuition assistance, and highly competitive starting wages. We offer higher hourly wage incentives for those that work night shifts and for prior relevant experience. See yourself at UNC Health and join our One great team!
Provides prompt, accurate service in the sales recording at point-of-service operations within UNC Hospitals. The position has significant direct contact with the public including hospital employees, medical staff, university students and the general public such as visitors, friends and family of patients.
1. Assists in the maintenance of vendor products through merchandising efforts and assists in the maintenance of customer support activities in the dining areas including but not limited to preparing and serving food, tray preparation, restocking, adding ice to soda machines, brewing/transfer of coffee, and cleaning/sanitizing kitchen equipment, utensils and work areas.
2. Follows all safety and security measures as prescribed in the handling of cash receipts and adheres to all departmental requirements for compliance with the hospital?s Safety Department.
3. Maintains or enhances the self-esteem of customers during transactions and tolerates negative events when conflicting priorities are present. Communicates effectively with most age groups when dealing with the public.
4. Maintains the required cash handling standards set in the cashier?s manual. Maintains the requirements for a sanitation grade A by enforcing proper sanitation practices.
5. Marginal job functions include 1) providing Daily, Weekly or Monthly cash register reports to the department as required through scheduling 2) compiling and maintaining the financial documents necessary for the audit of sales receipts in a timely manner.
6. Records sales in the proper manner, completing transactions by receipt of cash or approved meal tickets and by check from approved clients. Properly addresses and directs concerns and complaints brought to their attention by customers.
● High School diploma or GED
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● One (1) year of experience as a cashier or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: NFS Retail Services
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.