Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this winter. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 11651
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Collaborates on project development from beginning to end and ensures completion successfully within the given deadline and budget. Follows through on pre-defined project scope, goals, and deliverables that support business goals. Assist with the development of full-scale project plans, project tools, financial plans, quality audit follow ups, and associated communications documents. In general, this person is responsible for the coordination, implementation, execution, and completion of multiple, simultaneous projects ensuring consistency with UNCHCS strategy, commitments and goals.
1. Assist with the development of project plans, goals, and budgets identifies resources needed and develops schedules while maintaining optimum working relationships with all departmental units.
2. Assists with the preparation and dissemination of project communications. Communicates with project sponsors and functional area managers/directors regarding status of specific projects. Produces project reports for the project sponsors and management.
3. Collaborates on all phases of the projects to achieve schedule, cost and performance objectives, while maintaining the scope of the projects.
4. Coordinates effort and manages relationships with vendors and contractors necessary for any projects.
5. Performs analysis for the projects and develops objective means or status reports for assessing the status of the projects that are consistent with standard skills of project managers.
6. Prepares requests for proposals and conducts all necessary meetings to facilitate selection of project services and products. Assists project team members and monitors project performance.
7. Responsible for program and project assignments working independently or collaboratively as appropriate to accomplish the assigned work. Identify issues and assist in developing strategies to address them prior to issues becoming critical. Keep management informed of project(s) status and any potential problems or political concerns.
● Bachelor’s degree in applicable field
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● One (1) year of professional experience in project management or program administration. Prior experience in quality improvement, strategic planning, or risk management preferred.
● If Master's degree in Business Administration or Health Administration, no experience is required.
● If Associate's degree, five (5) years of professional experience in project management or program administration.
● If High School, nine (9) years of professional experience in project management or program administration.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: Research Compliance
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.