Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this winter. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 11607
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Faculty Physicians
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Department of Pediatrics is seeking an Administrative Officer for leadership roles in the Department with the centralized administrative core. The position will have specific accountability to one or more clinical divisions and will be responsible for maintaining day-to-day operations.
- Financial Management: manage divisional clinical income, contracts, trust funds, state funds, and other special allocations; prepare, manage, and analyze divisional budget.
- Operations Management: manage administrative functions; participate in development of long-term goals; manage space allocation; monitor clinical revenue trends, and collaborate with Pediatric Administration to improve collections.
- Human Resources Management: supervise support staff as needed, including management of personnel issues, completion of performance reviews and work plans; coordination of recruitment for additional faculty and staff; and development of staff skills and training.
It is essential the selected candidate possess: recent administrative experience (within 3 years) in a large, diverse clinical academic setting; familiarity with clinical research; experience with office operations, computer programs (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), and a demonstrated ability to work independently. Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills are required for the role to function as part of a team and for ongoing customer satisfaction. The role requires an organized, detail-oriented, and flexible individual, capable of managing competing priorities and projects. Strong knowledge of clinical operations is a plus.
● Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate discipline (or equivalent combination of education, training and experience).
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● If a Bachelor's degree: One (1) year of experience in personnel, budgeting, research, or administrative management.
● If an Associate's degree: Five (5) years of experience in personnel, budgeting, research, or administrative management.
● If a High School diploma or GED: Nine (9) years of experience in personnel, budgeting, research, or administrative management.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Faculty Physicians
Organization Unit: SOM Ped Pulmonar
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.