Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this winter. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 12080
Location: Eden, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Rockingham Health Care
Status: Full Time
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Foundation Director/Volunteer Coordinator is responsible for the management of the Foundation and its activities to attract and administer charitable contributions for the support, enrichment, and endowment of the hospital. The position identifies funding sources, plans and executes fundraising programs, and maintains appropriate documentation. Plans and coordinates volunteer services in the organization and works with the Auxiliary President to plan activities and fundraising projects of the Auxiliary Board.
1. Identify, establish, and maintain positive contact with potential major, individual, and corporate donors using appropriate committees and volunteers of the Foundation; establishes, maintains, and expands mailing list of past donors and future prospects
2. Develops ideas to attract planned gifts and cultivate potential donors; maintains active memorial gift program; identifies potential grant sources and assists in grant writing
3. Oversees identification, solicitation, orientation of foundation leadership and volunteers; works with foundation board chair and hospital CEO to provide leadership to organize structure and function of the board to create active participation; conducts appropriate educational programs and planning retreats for the foundation board and committees
4. Develops procedures that will ensure the proper receiving, documentation, and accountability of all contributions received; ensures appropriate donor recognition is accomplished; develops and maintains historical profiles of all contributors, analyzes contributions and historical giving patterns
5. Prepares a """"""""case for support"""""""" for use in communications; active pursues speaking engagement to communicate and raise awareness of the Foundation's mission and solicits support for current capital needs and endowments funds; develops appropriate promotional materials with assistance from hospital marketing; publishes periodic letter to communicate foundation activities in the community; coordinates public relations efforts using all appropriate media to maximize foundation's exposure
6. Promotes community interest in volunteer program by speaking to churches, civic groups, and students and serves as liaison between the hospital and these groups; plans, directs, and supervises all volunteer activities; recruits and retains an adequate and competent volunteer staff; orients and trains all volunteers; assesses need for volunteers and places volunteers appropriately; compiles and keeps schedules current for all volunteer assignments
7. Oversees food/beverage vending machines in hospital, MNC, Wright Diagnostic building, and Women's Health Center; oversees the baby picture service and camera vending in Birthing Center
8. Coordinates all fundraising projects of the Auxiliary and collects all monies owed to them by employees through payroll deduction
● Bachelor's Degree in a related field
● Requires Valid NC Driver's License
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Requires minimum of two years in fundraising and/or public relations and 2 years volunteer organizational experience
● Prefer previous experience as a Foundation Director including the organization and leadership of volunteer groups
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC Rockingham Health Care
Organization Unit: RHC Volunteer Svcs
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Variable
Location of Job: US:NC:Eden
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.