Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health teammates also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 12098
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Leads and collaborates on research regulatory project development from beginning to end and ensures completion successfully within the given deadline and budget. Follows through on pre-defined regulatory project scope, goals, and deliverables that support business goals and organizational mission. Assists with the conduct and development of full-scale regulatory project plans, project tools, Conflict of Interest, quality assurance follow ups, regulatory audits, IRB submissions and associated IRB communications documents. The individual selected for this position will be responsible for the coordination, implementation, execution, and completion of multiple, simultaneous research regulatory projects ensuring consistency with UNC Health strategy, mission and goals.
1. Assists with the development of regulatory project plans, goals, and deliverables. Identifies resources needed and develops schedules while maintaining optimum working relationships with all departmental units.
2. Assists with the preparation and dissemination of research regulatory project communications. Communicates with project sponsors and functional area managers/directors regarding status of specific regulatory projects. Produces regulatory project reports as required.
3. Collaborates on all phases of the regulatory projects to achieve schedule, cost and performance objectives, while maintaining the scope of the projects.
4. Coordinates effort and manages relationships with vendors and contractors necessary for any regulatory projects.
5. Performs analysis for the regulatory projects and develops objective means or status reports for assessing the status of the regulatory projects that are consistent with standard skills of project managers.
6. Prepares requests for regulatory quality audits or reviews and conducts all necessary meetings to facilitate selection of regulatory project services and products. Assists regulatory project team members and monitors regulatory project performance.
7. Responsible for research regulatory program and project assignments working independently or collaboratively as appropriate to accomplish the assigned work. Identifies issues and assists in developing strategies to address them prior to issues becoming critical. Keeps management informed of regulatory project(s) status and any potential issues.
8. Serves as the lead regulatory contact for internal and external support and training.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● One (1) year of professional experience in research-related regulatory project management or lead/senior level regulatory program administration. Prior experience in E-regulatory, regulatory study start-up, IRB submissions and approvals, conflict of Interest review, quality improvement, regulatory audit prep, strategic planning, or risk management preferred.
● If Master's degree in Business Administration or Health Administration, no experience is required.
● If Associate's degree, five (5) years of professional experience in project management or program administration.
● If High School, nine (9) years of professional experience in project management or program administration.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: Research Compliance
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.
Learn further E-Verify details in E-Verify (English) or E-Verify (Spanish).
UNC Health supports your right to work. View the Right of Work Statement (English) or Right of Work Statement (Spanish).
View the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (English) or the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (Spanish)posters.
View the PAY TRANSPARENCY (English) or the PAY TRANSPARENCY (Spanish)Nondiscrimination provision posters.
View the Federal Workplace poster. View our EEO/AA Policy Statement.