Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this winter. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 11862
Location: Cary, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Full Time
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
This position works independently, referring to established policies and procedures, to provide safe and effective fitness programs, instruction and motivation to the members and guests of the Wellness Center, based on pre-evaluated needs and goals.
1. Assesses fitness level of members and guests using Microfit, counsels results and recommends exercises based on individual client interview and goals, and takes into consideration the physical, psycho-social, cultural/spiritual and age specific needs of clients. Offers weekly health evaluation slots and takes turns covering weekend appointments. Offers encouragement and motivation on an ongoing basis to enhance member. Guest desire to attain their predetermined goals.
2. Ensures client agreement forms are completed prior to service. Ensures payment is received for all services provided.
3. Maintains accurate records of assessments, client agreement forms, and training sessions. Charts client goals and progress
4. Provides instruction in individualized fitness program, demonstrating proper technique. Offers encouragement and motivation on an ongoing basis. Conducts reassessment when appropriate. Checks for understanding with all programming. Provides client with written/electronic access to their periodized workout plan.
5. Responds to questions from other departments, clients, guests and staff about training, fees, and procedures and policies.
6. Under guidance from the Lifestyle Enhancement Director, promote the Wellness Center's personal training program. Provides constructive input regarding customer feedback and makes suggestions for improving procedures.
● Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate discipline.
● National Personal Trainer certification
● Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification within two (2) months from date of hire.
● Automated External Defibrillator (AED) certification within two (2) months from date of hire.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● No prior experience required.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: Northwest Cary Wellness Center
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 30.00
Work Schedule: Variable
Location of Job: US:NC:Cary
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.