Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this winter. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 11973
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Faculty Physicians
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Business Analytics Specialist provides business intelligence support to UNC Faculty Physicians and the UNC School of Medicine. The primary purpose is to provide data driven insights and actionable information to our clinical practices and operational teams to be a change agent for improvement, efficiency and best practice. This position will assist in creating analytical models to help determine strategic outcomes and improve the financial performance of the UNC SOM and UNC FP.
1. Conducts complex analysis on large data sets and develops regular and ad-hoc reports and for leadership to assist in the decision-making process; manages the design and creation of complex, dynamic financial models to facilitate decision-making by senior leadership; and research, collects, manipulates, and analyzes data; draws inferences, summarizes and presents key findings to Academic Financial Analysis Manager. Includes clinical funds flow modeling, academic funds flow modeling, third party agreements, and other strategic initiatives.
2. Demonstrates efficient project management to clearly define projects, develop project plans, and set priorities for working teams.
3. Assist in developing and maintaining analysis and reporting required to support Funds Flow payments and the professional practice business model. Improve current funding and planning methods by helping to further develop a reporting framework. Using this framework, assist HCS and SOM management in assessing the current business model and developing cost effective alternative practices.
4. Contributes to the development of financial and operational strategies for the funds flow process, Novant agreement, and other initiatives deemed necessary by the Academic Financial Analysis Manager that aligns with the organization's overall vision and its current and long-term business objectives
● Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate discipline.
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Three (3) years of experience performing analytics.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Strong analytical and problem solving skills along with ability to work with large, disparate data sets, performing data mining, validation and analysis to trend and interpret information. Excellent communication skills and able to interpret and tell the story of the data. Experience managing multiple and competing tasks/priorities with delivery deadlines in fast paced, complex environment. Great attention to detail and accuracy and must maintain excellent communications with customers especially with regard to data and information request and status. Proven experience distilling, breaking down and communicating complex data and information into insights that drive decisive action for nontechnical audiences. Demonstrated use of Business Objects, Excel, Access and PowerPoint are critical. Candidates must demonstrate all required qualifications.
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Faculty Physicians
Organization Unit: FP Financial Services
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.