Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this winter. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 11944
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Full Time
Shift: Evening Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Under supervision, supervises the activities of all employees involved in the Nutrition and Food department areas of patient services, sanitation, cafeteria services, food production and nutrition support.
1. Ensures all policy and regulatory standards are met, including health regulations and JCAHO standards. Remains current and compliant with ServSafe Manager Level Certification according to the statutes of the state of North Carolina.
2. Establishes own work plan and priorities, using and/or modifying established procedures. Assists in the development of plans, methods and procedures for improving the overall operations of the department, including quality improvement processes.
3. Interviews, hires, trains, schedules, and evaluates food service staff. Makes recommendations for disciplinary action up to termination as necessary. Maintains appropriate records.
4. Maintains high standards of sanitation throughout the work areas. Enforces a clean as you go policy and proper food handling. Ensures a safe work environment issues work orders for repairs.
5. Manages staff in accordance with Hospital's personnel policies and holds others accountable for the same. Schedules staff. Is responsible for employee time and attendance, payroll and other records as assigned.
6. Participates regularly in supervisory and other meetings and holds staff meetings as necessary and in accordance with departmental expectations.
7. Responsible for recipe development, food preparation, food presentation, distribution to service sites, proper holding of foods to be served and utilization of leftovers. Ensures staff are using safe food handling and proper cooking techniques, and that diet restrictions are being followed. Supervises all merchandising, temperature and taste testing of all food items records results.
● High School diploma or GED
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Two (2) years food service experience
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: NFS Patient Services
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Evening Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.