Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this winter. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 11645
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
The project Coordinator position will report to the Director of Programs, Quality and Safety in Children's Hospital. This position will serve as project manager for quality initiatives, lead patient satisfaction, serve as a point of contact and meeting facilitator for the Children’s Hospital Family Advisory Boards, primary contact with Volunteer Services to ensure needs are met and works with donor relations, the foundation and outside groups to coordinate and schedule visits & events.
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Responsible for directing, organizing and controlling project activities, under the direction of a Project Manager or Director. This position spends >50% of time worked on managing projects. Works with project team members to gather and evaluate business
1. Assists Project Manager in developing a comprehensive workflow process for projects. Reviews project proposal and deliverables with Project Management and other related departments that will be involved to determine proper lead time.
2. Maintains communication with project members to assure timely and efficient completion of jobs, proper communication of issues, and proper documentation of the entire process.
3. May provide administrative support to department by collaborating with Human Resources in the areas of recruitment, organizational structure changes, and personnel changes.
4. May supervise subordinate clerical staff.
5. Monitors and modifies project schedule as assigned. Maintain document control, database management, track project activities and team communication. Assists project team and team lead in strategic meetings and follow up with meeting notes.
6. Prepares and edits presentations and charts. Coordinate meetings, including travel arrangements and expense reports. Maintain Project Managers calendars.
7. Schedules project follow up meetings as needed. Develops and publishes communications to project shareholders. Develops and reviews project status and reports.
● Associate's degree in an appropriate discipline or equivalent combination of education, skills, and experience.
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● If an Associate's degree, three (3) years of experience in an administrative support role and/or projects-related role. If a high school diploma/GED, seven (7) years of experience in an administrative support role and/or projects-related role.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: Childrens Services Admin
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.