Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this winter. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 12137
Location: Clayton, NC
Facility/Division: Johnston Health
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
UNC Orthopedics and Sports Medicine at Clayton is seeking a full time, experienced Orthopedic Surgeon. UNC
Orthopedics and Sports Medicine at Clayton Located in the Spring Branch Medical Pavilion in Clayton provides expert orthopedic care using the most advanced procedures in sports medicine, joint replacement, fracture care and foot and ankle surgery. Clinic located in the Spring Branch Medical Pavilion in Clayton. We take same-day urgent and emergent appointments, and have an on-call physician available 24 hours a day. In partnership with UNC Johnston Health, our mission is to provide compassionate, cost-effective and high-quality care to every patient.
• Consult with patients and analyze patient data to determine patient needs and treatment goals
• Evaluate and treat multiple orthopedic diagnoses including: fractures, damage to tendons/muscles/ligaments, osteoarthritis, etc.
• Collaborate with other specialists, when necessary
• Perform various orthopedic related surgeries
• Maintain detailed notes, including medical histories of patients, test results, communications, medications, etc., using Epic EMR. Participates in Hospital and Surgery Center cases
• Educates patients and families
• Must be willing to support local athletic teams and events
• Participate in unassigned hospital call as well as practice call rotation
• Guaranteed base salary plus productivity incentives
• Support for relocation expense (if applicable)
• Rich benefits plan w/ generous PTO package, 403B employer-sponsored retirement plan
• CME – 5 days plus $2500 reimbursement/fiscal year
• Malpractice insurance including tail coverage
Johnston County - Small town and southern charm with high tech jobs and nearby major cities make Johnston County a great place to live. In one of the fastest growing places in the country, Johnston County offers quiet, safe neighborhoods, low crime, excellent health care and a good sense of community. Here you’ll find great connections to history, entertainment, dining, lodging and outlet shopping. With both Interstate 95 and Interstate 40 running through our area, you are connected to just about anywhere you want to go, including a 20-minute drive to Raleigh, a two-hour drive to beach resorts and four-hour drive to the beautiful mountains.
With all this, and more, Johnston County is the perfect place to Live, Work and Play.
To inquire about this opportunity:
Contact Tina McLaughlin, UNC Health Physician Recruiter
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.