Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this winter. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 12239
Location: Pikeville, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Physicians Network
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Responsible for the daily operations of the administrative office, including scheduling and coordinating administrative operations and serving as the primary contact for administrative staff on office issues for the largest clinics within UNCPN.
1. Monitors time and attendance activity of administrative staff, records information in personnel records, notifies immediate supervisor of trends and enforces policies.
2. Ensures all staff are provided adequate training and training needs are addressed in a prompt, accurate manner.
3. Assists immediate supervisor in the recruitment of new staff and ensures temporary staffing needs are addressed in a prompt and satisfactory manner.
4. Exercises an open door policy and actively encourages staff to approach their supervisor with questions or problems concerning work expectations and operations.
5. Ensures administrative area is appropriately staffed at all times to handle patient volume in the call center, check-in area, check-out area, and referral area.
6. Ensures all personnel matters are handled in a fair, confidential and prompt manner.
7. Monitors cash collection rate to ensure staff are collecting co-payments, co-insurance and prior balances at time of service.
8. Ensures all patient charges are entered into EPIC within one business day from time of service and all patient charges for the month are entered by the end of the month.
9. Serves as a liaison between patients and patient accounting to resolve billing concerns.
10. Answers patient calls or encounters regarding service delivery issues in a prompt, friendly and accurate manner.
11. Creates and maintains a safe environment for patients, self, co-workers and facility.
12. Orders general supplies in a prompt and cost effective manner, complying with budgetary standards.
● High school diploma or GED. Associate's degree preferred.
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● 2-3 years of management/ leadership experience.
● Work experience in a clinical setting preferred; working knowledge of patient billing and front desk operations in a clinical office environment.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conforms to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
● Mathematical Skills: Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
● Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical
problems. Ability to deal with nonverbal symbolism (formulas, scientific equations, graphs, musical notes, etc.,) in its most difficult phases. Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
● Computer Skills: Ability to effectively utilize practice management system, Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC Physicians Network
Organization Unit: UNC Family Med at Pikeville
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Pikeville
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.