Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this winter. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 12318
Location: Durham, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Inventory Control Analyst is responsible for the deployment of new/conversion items to Shared Service Center customers primarily at PAR and Inventory locations. This position involves extensive customer interaction and serves as a subject matter expert in how products are procured/distributed and converted at customer locations. The Analyst will deploy and assist in ERP and POU systems at UNCHS Healthcare sites on an as needed basis. The implementation analyst’s key roles will be information gathering, analysis, and mapping of the client’s workflow and processes and implementation of agreed upon solutions. The analyst will assume a leadership role in actively managing specialized services that support clients of Supply Chain information systems team.
1. Client facing Operational Strategies- The analyst provides a critical role in developing, executing, and continually improving our client facing operational strategies and back office processes. They establish and nurture rapport with entity departments that is conducive to a long-term business relationship.
2. Problem Solving- Provide advanced problem solving, troubleshooting and system consultation as needed for client. Develop, manage and innovate activities to promote effective supplier management activities leading to successful supplier sourcing, qualification, on boarding, activation and on-going engagement.
3. Back office processes and procedures- Develop and manage the back office processes and tracking systems required to support and execute prompt and effective implementations. Prioritize and manage multiple complex projects within time, technical and resource constraints. Provide written documentation to appropriate team members and client addressing each facet of implementation for every project, to include an overall rollout plan, timelines, and project assignments.
4. Serves as an operational resource for procurement needs.
5. Other duties as assigned.
● Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Five (5) years of experience working in a supply chain environment (purchasing, distribution, MMIS, value analysis or clinical supply chain functions)
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● A demonstrated history of working with customer PAR and inventory locations that would include:•Shelf, Bin or storage maintenance •Label creation for bin locations •Item Min/Max creation and optimization •Item conversion in a storage location
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: Shared Services Center
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Durham
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.