Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current employees, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For employee referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 12386
Location: Morrisville, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Placement Coordinator serves as a liaison between employees returning to the UNC Health Workforce and hiring departments and managers. The Placement Coordinator works to identify the skill set of these employees and analyzes the job market at UNC Health to determine an appropriate placement.
1. Serve as point of contact for employee seeking a new position due to Worker’s Comp, ADA or Reduction in Force. Provide thorough and regular communication with employee regarding the placement process to include instructions and updates. Serve as concierge for employees seeking to return to the workforce. Serve as liaison between stakeholders to include employee, Worker’s Compensation Case Management, hiring managers, recruiters, HR Business partners, and Employee Relations regarding job placement process. Collaborate with HR Business Partner and Employee Relations to facilitate placement opportunities.
2. Evaluate potential job opportunities for employees needing placement in relation to employee skills, experience, education and any work limitations.
3. Coach employees regarding jobs, job skills, and training opportunities. Assist employees in the application and selection process.
4. Facilitate consideration for viable job opportunities, including introductory meetings with Hiring Manager and facilitating the selection process.
5. Advise hiring managers regarding essential functions of jobs, job accommodations, and priority placement. Act as a liaison between the employee and hiring manager on identifying and implementing accommodations, if necessary, that would allow the employee to perform the essential functions (for example, mitigating architectural barriers, reassignment of non-essential duties, or job modifications).
6. Research job trends, specifically those within the UNC Health, to determine career opportunities. Utilize this data to increase placement outcomes for employees at UNC Health seeking to return to work.
7. Track, monitor and report on placement assignments.
● Bachelor's degree required. Master's degree preferred.
● HRCI or SHRM certification preferred.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Requires two (2) years of related experience in a job placement, career counseling, employee relations, recruitment, or worker’s compensation case management.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Strong organizational and administrative skills.
● Strong influence and collaboration skills.
● Excellent written communication and human relations/interpersonal skills.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: Talent Acquisition
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Morrisville
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.