Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current employees, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For employee referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 11675
Location: Morrisville, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
To support the operations of the UNC Health Care System Privacy Office and its activities relating to privacy education, investigations, audits, policy development and consultation and guidance. This position will provide direct support to and act at the direction of the UNC Health Care System Privacy Program Managers and the UNC Health Care System Chief Privacy Officer.
1. Assist in the investigation of privacy incidents and complaints by performing intake review, conducting interviews, preparing incident summaries and entering incident investigation case facts and supporting documentation into the incident management system. Compile monthly and annual reports listing metrics to be used in support of presentations offered to leadership.
2. Conduct electronic health record user audits on an ongoing basis using a vendor-supported application. Review and organize multiple types of access reports and identify questionable accesses for further investigation. Follow defined process for appropriate follow-up on identified accesses and report findings to Privacy Program Managers. Assist in documentation of and performance of resulting investigations.
3. Provide guidance to staff and others on compliance with UNC Health Care System privacy policies and procedures.
4. Develop supporting materials for presentations, policies and reports on the progress of initiatives and accomplishments of the UNC Health Care System Privacy Office.
5. Maintain and update web content on the UNC Health Care System Privacy Office web pages (intranet and external facing). Develop content for the web pages.
6. Assist in projects and related activities in supporting Privacy Program Managers and the Chief Privacy Officer through the performance of research and preparation of other supporting materials.
● Bachelor's degree in an appropriate discipline.
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Three (3) years of experience in healthcare compliance or relevant legal experience or education.
● If Associate's degree, seven (7) years of experience in healthcare compliance.
● If high school diploma, eleven (11) years of experience in healthcare compliance.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Strong communication and interpersonal skills. •Ability to organize and prioritize work and meet deadlines. •Expresses initiative, teamwork and a good attitude. •Shows interest and self-motivation. •Strong analytical, problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: Privacy Services
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Morrisville
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.