Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current employees, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For employee referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 11567
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
This position may involve support of various hospitals and health care systems within the UNC Health Care System, but will be employed by Rex Hospital, Inc. (this includes, but is not limited to, for purposes of payroll, health benefits, retirement options, and applicable policies).
Responsible for the installation, maintenance and repair of a variety of telecommunications systems. Provides in-depth support to the end-user of telecommunications system applications, including design, engineering, test analysis, planning, performance and optimization. Performs complex activities for routine maintenance, on hardware and software switching equipment.
1. Acts as a liaison with end users and outside vendors during problem resolution, installation, rearrangement, and or removal of equipment. Provides technical and training assistance to users and support staff. Serves as a technical resource.
2. Installs, maintains, and tests telecommunications equipment to ensure quality and high level of customer service.
3. Isolates, troubleshoots and communicates any related voice and data network performance compatibility issues with responsible vendor.
4. Maintains and orders equipment for all related telecommunication project requests and ensures the equipment is accounted for utilization. Develops and documents telecommunication installation specifications.
5. Provides customers with technical support incident resolution related to the voice hardware and software.
● Associate's degree in Telecommunications or related field (or equivalent combination of education, training and experience).
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● If an Associate's degree: Three (3) years of experience in Telecommunications.
● If a High School diploma or GED: Seven (7) years of experience in Telecommunications.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Ability to work well in a team environment. Demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple tasks simultaneously. Highly responsive to internal customers.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: IT Network Services
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.