Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this winter. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 11815
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Part Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Oncology Registration - NC Cancer Hospital
Scheduled Work Hours: 6:30am – 12:00pm (M-F Days)
The Oncology Registration Administrative Associate part time position will serve as the first point of contact for all of the NC Cancer Hospital patients.They are expected to greet all patients with excellent customer service, oversee the operation of our kiosks and register patients for all of their Oncology scheduled visits. Tentative work hours are Monday through Friday 6:30am to 12:00pm.
1.Greeting and assisting all patients
2.Check in and register patients according to the established protocols
3.Overseeing operations of the kiosk flow
4.Ensure patient information is accurate including patient demographics and billing information
5.Enter patient’s insurance information into EPIC
6.Collect co-pays and various other form of payments
7.Maintain patient rights and confidentiality including compliance with HIPAA regulations
8.Provide patients with support and guidance as needed
● High School diploma or GED
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● One (1) year of clerical or administrative experience.
● If Bachelor's degree, no years of experience is required
● If Associate's degree, no years of experience is required
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Customer Focus: makes the customer and their needs their top priority and goes the extra mile to satisfy their customers. Demonstrates the ability to resolve customer problems. Technical expertise: understands the technical aspects of one’s job. Effectively uses Microsoft office products in order to produce reports and documents. Demonstrates the ability to learn and master the scheduling system Coachability: Receptive to feedback, willing to learn and embraces continuous improvement Accountability: Manages performance to meet expected results. Works to meet the internal/external customer requirements. Fiscal responsibility: Understands the insurance process and seeks to make the best decision/referral in the interest of the customer. Conflict Resolution: Uses appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict between two or more people. Finds agreement on issues and follows through on implementation
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: Oncology Registration
Work Type: Part Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 25.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.