Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this winter. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 8358
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Per Diem
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Performs standard and complex electroneurodiagnostic tests in the Clinical Neurophysiology Lab and polysomnographic testing on patients in the Sleep Disorders Lab. Work may be performed in a lab, clinic, patient bedside, or in the operating room.
1. May provide instruction and guidance to other technologists in the Neurodiagnostic and/or Sleep Disorders Lab.
2. Performs diagnostic patient testing electroencephalogram (EEG), electromyography (EMG), nerve conduction velocities (NCV), sensory evoked potentials (EP), and polysomnographic testing with possible oxygen therapy and continuous positive air pressure treatments (CPAP).
3. Performs room and equipment set-up and placement in hospital rooms, operating rooms, or clinics. Calibrates and maintains equipment.
4. Reads and scores neurodiagnostic and/or polysomnographic tests.
5. Takes patient histories. Provides instruction to patients and families regarding test preparation, pre-test interviews, and follow-up appointments.
● Graduation from an AMA or CAAHEP accredited program in Sleep or Neurodiagnostics program of Neurophysiology (or equivalent combination of experience, training and experience).
● Registered in at least one of the following areas: Electroencephalogram (EEG), Evoked Potentials (EP), Intra-Operative (IOM), Nerve Conduction Velocity Studies (NCV),Polysomnography(RPSGT) or Long-term Monitoring (CLTM)
Professional Experience Requirements:
● If completion of an AMA or CAAHEP accredited program in Sleep or Neurodiagnostics: No prior experience required.
● If a High School diploma or GED: Two (2) years of experience performing a variety of Sleep or Neurodiagnostics procedures.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: Clinical Neurophysiology
Work Type: Per Diem
Standard Hours Per Week: 6.00
Work Schedule: Variable
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.