Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 12489
Location: Morrisville, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Affirmative Action Compliance Program Manager is responsible for carrying out activities related to complying with federal and state laws, policies and guidelines regarding UNC Health’s affirmative action program (AAP) and EEO Report obligations, including policies, and procedures to support the development and dissemination of the AAP and EEO Report. Duties involve efforts specifically designed to diversify the UNC Health workforce, with emphasis on equity gaps in representation. Directly engage, consult, and collaborate with colleagues to help ensure a positive culture that celebrates diversity and ultimately results in better clinical outcomes.
1. Design, develop and deliver online and face-to-face Affirmative Action awareness education for HR Business Partners, leadership, and management teams (including hiring managers).
2. Complete annual policy and program updates of the AAP and EEO plan ensuring compliance with federal and state laws, policies and guidelines and in collaboration with internal and external institutional partners. Work with the Equal Opportunity and Diversity Data Analyst to ensure completion of all required equal opportunity reports and analyses in compliance with federal and state laws, policies and guidelines. Lead and complete packaging and format preparation of all final reports, analyses, and related submission requirements for AAP and EEO Plans prior to annual deadline.
3. Evaluate/Assess effectiveness of outreach and recruitment efforts in compliance with all federal and state laws, policies and guidelines. Manage exit survey dissemination and prepare trend report of findings.
4. Develop and maintain collaborative relationships. Plan, manage, and coordinate with key partners the logistics for signature programs designed to diversify UNC Health employee pipelines. Evaluate and assess the effectiveness of action-oriented programs designed to address underutilization, workforce diversity, and creating a welcoming environment for all teammates, by disseminating assessment tool, collecting responses, and reporting summary of results. Determine the nature of appropriate action-oriented programs/activities to address AAP and EEO Plan goals and diversify the workforce through identification of areas of focus using a data-informed approach.
5. Develop, research information for, and prepare affirmative action plans, including proposing action-oriented programs/activities to address affirmative action goals and diversify the workforce.
6. Directly and independently engage with key partners to provide guidance and support implementation of action-oriented programs/activities, including follow-up regarding implementation, evaluation of effectiveness of efforts, and tracking efforts/results Provide assistance with policy, procedure, or program research, including research to identify pipeline data. Manage and lead meetings for the EEO Advisory Committee in compliance with state EEO guidelines; including membership, content development and presentation, and direct interaction with membership.
7. Collaborate with Talent Acquisition to monitor applicant tracking system by reviewing and approving AAP and EEO compliance documentation and/or system actions to assess AAP and EEO procedural compliance in recruitment and selection; initially address issues of AAP and EEO procedural non-compliance; and directly interface with managers.
8. Collaborate with the Office of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion to ensure proposed action-oriented programs support DEI Strategic Priorities and reduce opportunities for duplication of efforts.
9. Coordinate and conduct random review to assess EEO procedural compliance and increase awareness of AAP .
10. Communicate the outcomes of AAP analyses and provide recruitment and outreach strategies directly to hiring managers and search committees for related positions. Provide relevant guidance and consultation to search committees and personnel representatives regarding appropriate recruitment processes and procedures.
11. Maintain database to document compliance guidance provided, assess and identify patterns of non-compliance; and recommend and implement processes to reduce instances of non-compliance. Provide advice and guidance about appropriate use of statuses and codes in the applicant tracking system to ensure accurate applicant data.
12. Design, develop and deliver both online and face-to-face AAP and EEO recruitment procedure compliance education for search committees and hiring officials in collaboration with Human Resources and other institutional personnel partners to reduce the risk of non-compliance. Design educational materials and deliver presentations to promote the recruitment of a diverse workforce. Research and develop education and awareness materials. Prepare materials for EEO and AAP training and presentations coordinate dissemination of affirmative action information. Plan, manage, and coordinate logistics for equity/affirmative action briefings. Evaluate/assess the effectiveness of the program by disseminating assessment tool, collecting responses, and reporting summary of results.
● Bachelor’s degree in a related field required. Master’s degree preferred.
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● With a Master’s degree in a related field, one (1) year of related experience.
● With a Bachelor’s degree in a related field, five (5) years of related experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● An understanding of Affirmative Action laws, regulations and executive orders and EEO laws and regulations, and the legal underpinnings of affirmative action.
● Strong organizational and administrative skills.
● Excellent written communication and human relations/interpersonal skills.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: HR Business Partners
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Morrisville
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.