Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this winter. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 12118
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Responsible for the overall management responsibility of the assigned departments including strategic program planning, revenue generation, operational analysis, financial analysis, problem resolution, personnel management and quality assurance and performance improvement (QAPI).
1. Accreditation - Ensures that internal and external regulatory standards on respiratory care practice are met or exceeded. This includes organizational policy and procedures as well as state, JCAHO, and other specified accrediting bodies. Integrate current scientific evidence with standards of practice.
2. Budget Management - Effectively uses clinical and financial information to establish and meet budgetary program goals. Implements strategies to increase revenue and cost-effectively manage personnel, supply, and equipment resources. Evaluates the impact of strategic fiscal changes on quality outcomes. Maintains a system of audit and internal controls concerning charge reconciliation, purchasing and Charge Data Master Maintenance.
3. Customer Satisfaction - Ensures high customer satisfaction. Communicates patient satisfaction results, letters and comments to staff and leads monthly initiatives to improve consumer satisfaction with care and services. Advocates for consumers within the organization, in particular for vulnerable or at risk populations.
4. Human Resource Management - Effectively manages human resources. Creates an environment conducive to recruiting and retaining staff. Applies organizational policy and procedures in hiring, promoting, transferring and terminating staff. Provides staff with annual performance feedback and opportunity to set professional goals. Integrates scientific evidence regarding retention of staff into department planning.
5. Quality of Care - Assures development and implementation of outcomes management and associated performance targets, including but not limited to patient satisfaction surveys, physician relations and continuing education. Monitors variances and recommends and implements corrective action.
6. Strategic Planning - Actively participates in the overall vision, mission, direction, goals and objectives of the department. Directs the strategic planning process, establishes and achieves long range goals, and ensures the implementation of strategic business plans.
● Graduation from an accredited Respiratory Therapy program. Bachelor’s degree in Respiratory Therapy, Hospital Administration, Business Administration or related field is required. Master's degree preferred.
● Licensed as a Respiratory Care Practitioner by the NC Respiratory Care Board.
● Registered by the National Board of Respiratory Care.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Seven (7) years of experience as a Registered Respiratory Therapist. Five (5) years of experience as a respiratory care manager or supervisor
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Able to work in a collaborative and multidisciplinary environment. Interpersonal communication skills necessary to work with hospital employees, physicians, patients, family members and community professionals. Ability to work flexible hours to meet Department needs.
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: Respiratory Therapy
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.