Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current employees, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For employee referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 12293
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Full Time
*This position qualifies for our Nursing Support Incentive Program.
The Nursing Support Incentive Program includes $5,000 paid over a three (3) year commitment. Learn more about the program here: https://jobs.unchealthcare.org/pages/unc-hospitals-unc-rex-nursing-support-incentive-program
3 West is a 31 bed, general medicine unit. We care for a variety of medical patients with diagnoses that include COPD, diabetes, pneumonia, renal failure, minor neurological disorders, behavioral health, as well as many others. We are that team who can develop young minds and provide a supportive, mentoring atmosphere. . We offer online self-scheduling, exceptional night and weekend shift differentials, and co-worker input on holiday rotations. We support education and work hard to be flexible for those co-workers in school. Several of our bedside staff are masters prepared and 30% are Med/Surg certified nurses. We have several trained preceptors who enjoy guiding co-workers through the learning process, helping to identify progress goals as well as adapting orientation to fit the experience and needs of their trainee.
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Provides routine direct and indirect patient care in a hospital, clinic or home health care setting. All work performed is under the direct supervision of a registered nurse or physician.
1. Assist physicians and other health care providers with routine examinations and procedures, as well as procurement of equipment and supplies during emergency situations.
2. In the psychiatric setting, aids patients in reality orientation, participates in behavior modification plans/therapy, provides informal support therapy to patients/families, provides verbal de-escalation of potentially aggressive patients, aids in the physical management of aggressive/out-of-control patients, facilitates age appropriate play for children, and monitors the therapeutic milieu activities on assigned unit to ensure that emotional and safety needs of patients are met.
3. Observes, collects, and documents patient information obtained while providing care and promptly report significant changes in the patient's condition to a registered nurse or physician.
4. Provides assistance to patients and their families during admission to the clinical area, orientation to the hospital/clinic/home health experience, and discharge
5. Provides care/ treatments to patients as outlined in plan of care including, but not limited to, the measurement of vital signs, height and weight, specimen collection, skin preps/scrubs, catheter care, capillary blood glucose checks, simple wound care, range of motion exercises, postural drainage, and supportive 11 patient and family interactions.
6. Provides direct personal care to patients as outlined in plan of care for routine activities of daily living such as bathing, dressing, feeding and assisting with ambulation.
7. Provides indirect care to patients and assigned area to include, but not limited to, cleaning the work area, changing linens, re-stocking supplies, cleaning/sterilizing instruments, transporting patients/ supplies/ specimens, assisting in the orientation of new employees and students, and some routine clerical functions.
8. Reinforces routine teaching given to patients by the registered nurse or physician and document patient understanding of instructions. Distributes patient education materials at the request of patients and/or health care providers.
● High School diploma or GED
● Listed as Nursing Assistant I with the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services.
● Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Provider certification
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Six (6) months of relevant nursing assistant experience, which may include a nursing assistant course
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Fluent in verbal and written English language and able to develop basic computer skills.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: Rex 3 West
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 36.00
Work Schedule: Variable
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.