Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health teammates also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 10517
Location: Durham, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Per Visit
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
1. Maintain an environment of safety for patients, self and others.
2. Assesses the patient's biophysical, psychosocial, cultural, spiritual, safety, educational and age specific needs using the nursing process. Establishes and implements the patient plan of care with input from all health care team members., including the patient/caregiver and physician. Evaluates patient status, and outcomes of the care provided.
3. Documents patient status and maintains patient confidentiality per agency policies and procedures. Completes and submits documentation in accordance with agency time frames.
4. Formulates an education plan based upon patient need, agency policies and procedures, and physician order. Includes patient and family instruction as well as discharge planning.
5. Demonstrates knowledge of JCAHO, DFS, and other regulatory requirements.
6. Provides report to Case Manager after each infusion home visit.
● Bachelor's degree (BSN) from an accredited School of Nursing preferred.
● Must have NC RN Licensure.
● CRNI;RN NC LIC;BCLS;NCDL
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Minimum of 1-year infusion therapy experience and home health experience preferred.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write routine reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public. Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry. Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: UNCHCS HomeCare Admin
Work Type: Per Visit
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Variable
Location of Job: US:NC:Durham
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.
View the Federal Workplace poster.