Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this winter. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 11611
Location: Morrisville, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
This position may involve support of various hospitals and health care systems within the UNC Health Care System, but will be employed by Rex Hospital, Inc. (this includes, but is not limited to, for purposes of payroll, health benefits, retirement options, and applicable policies).
The SAP HANA Developer leads and enables one or many components of the end-to-end lifecycle of our analytics and/or interoperability products and services for business functions across the health system. This includes but is not limited to planning, development, testing, implementation, optimization, and maintenance of new or existing functionality.
The SAP HANA Developer also provides end-user technical enablement and support, which may include high-touch customer service, communications, and the creation of reusable knowledge assets such as documentation and training content.
The SAP HANA Developer is an individual contributor requiring limited supervision. This position may be required to supervise others.
Technical/Analytical Development - Develop and optimize technical and/or analytical assets. Understands complex SQL and converts SQL code into graphical Calculation Views in SAP HANA. Application/ End-User Enablement & Support - The SAP HANA Developer leads and supports departmental, organizational, and cross-functional central analytics efforts and priorities in day-to-day work. They approach each new opportunity or challenge with the mindset of providing scalable, reusable, reliable, redundant, and recoverable systems and operations. They engage in portfolio review expectations, including technical support request responsibilities.
Responsibilities may include, and are not limited to: own and support enterprise applications (high scale & reliability); analytics community and end-user enablement (required); provision data via SAP HANA Calculation Views for user consumption (enterprise assets) ; builds redundant or recoverable systems; guide/research/evaluate build vs buy decisions, including vendor evaluations; prototype/evaluate/build new products/templates; guides or leads performance optimization; fundamental solution to workflow integration; guide/review data asset development; on-call 24/7 rotation, including extended support for application and entity rollouts.
Communication, Knowledge Management & Relationships - The SAP HANA Developer collaborates with team members to successfully complete assigned tasks, shares knowledge openly. They communicate in a manner that is clear, concise, and politically and culturally sensitive. The SAP HANA Developer updates management, customers, and others as appropriate on a timely basis regarding progress on assigned tasks, projects and issues, via written or oral reports and/or communications. Data Governance stewardship process participation is expected. There may be frequent rotation to new business domains, and therefore an opportunity to learn about various areas of the business.
Leadership, Mentorship & Training - Leadership and mentorship team responsibilities. Mentors junior staff and analytics community members.
Project Management & Facilitation - The HCS Enterprise Analytics & Inter Developer II facilitates enterprise-level projects and coordinates technical decisions. They provide effective project management to clearly define projects, develop project plans, and develops analytics to inform teams and guide prioritization. May coordinate with vendors to understand and deploy product roadmap, upgrades, and support.
● Requires Bachelor's degree
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● If a Bachelor’s Degree in a STEM field (i.e. Engineering, Math, Computer Science, Analytics, etc.), then two (2) years of experience is required.
● If a Bachelor's Degree in other field, requires four (4) years of experience.
● If Master’s Degree, then two (2) years of experience is required.
● If PhD, then no years of experience is required.
● If an Associate's Degree, requires ten (10) years of experience.
● If High School Diploma, requires twelve (12) years of experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● NOVICE- Limited Proficiency: You have the level of experience gained in a classroom and/or experimental scenarios or as a trainee on the job. You are expected to need help when performing this skill.
INTERMEDIATE- Intermediate Proficiency: You are able to successfully complete tasks in this competency as requested. Help from an expert may be required from time to time, but you can usually perform the skill independently.
ADVANCED- Advanced Proficiency: You can perform the actions associated with this skill without assistance. You are recognized within the organization as ‘a person to ask’ when difficult questions arise regarding this skill.
EXPERT- Expert Proficiency: You are a known expert in this area. You can provide guidance, troubleshoot and answer questions related to this area of expertise and the field where the skill is used.
The following KSAs apply to all HCS Enterprise Analytics & Interop Developer II:
- Technical or analytics skills: Intermediate
- SDLC/ITIL/DevOps/Release Management: Intermediate to Expert
- Design and Deploy processes, standards, and best practices: Intermediate
- Implement, administer, configure, and support software platforms, including vendor relations and project coordination: Intermediate
- Team leadership responsibilities
- Stakeholder requirements gathering and presentation skills: Intermediate
- Analytics or multidisciplinary team facilitation or project management: Novice
- Written and verbal communication skills: Intermediate
- Exemplifies UNC Health System values
The following KSAs apply to some functional domains. Recruiters please work with the hiring manager to identify:
- SQL: Intermediate (required)
- Script/code development/debug and assist with other's code: Intermediate
- Software/Technical Administration of enterprise tools: Intermediate
- Data structure and Integration: Intermediate
- Healthcare and EHR experience: Min 3 years (required)
- Expert EHR use or build in clinical or research setting
- Epic certifications: Obtain and maintain multiple certifications
- Business Objects Universe development/writer: Intermediate
- HANA view creation: Intermediate
- Data domains knowledge: Intermediate
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: IT Analytics
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Morrisville
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.