Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this winter. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 12442
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Health Now
Status: Full Time
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Command Center RN is responsible for providing high-quality patient care to
various patient populations within the framework of the Advanced Care at Home model
Utilizing monitoring, assessment, planning, intervention and critical thinking skills to care for Advanced care patient populations in the home
Navigating patients and families across the continuum of the Advanced Care at Home phases of care
Monitoring and responding to biometric data per Advanced Care at Home protocols
Ensuring all interventions in the patient’s care plan are implemented efficiently with a patient centered approachConducting home and audio/visual patient care visits as directed by the care team and/or protocol
Leveraging the resources and expertise of the Advanced care at Home team and supplier partners to implement collaborative workflows, standards, policies, protocols, guidelines and documentation systems to support safe, reliable, high-quality, evidence-based care with clinical protocols as the foundation
Adhering to the clinical protocols and be willing to obtain the necessary training to provide care within the context of the providing evidence-based care
Promoting professional practice and a culture of safety; willingness to engage in process improvement efforts
Providing virtual protocol nurse-driven assessments, care coordination and interventions as appropriate informed by Advanced Care at Home protocols for diverse patient populations and their families.
Communication facilitator for virtual relations with home service provider, patients, and consulting providers.
Exhibiting sound clinical decision making and critical thinking skills
Maintain and practice in accordance with nursing guidelines per state and hospital regulations
Facilitating admissions to Advanced Care at Home utilizing Advanced Care at Home guidelines
Serving as a role model for professional nursing practice
Utilizing nursing knowledge to identify, prevent and/or solve complex advanced and/or recurring patient care problems
Participating and sharing expertise daily with the multidisciplinary team and serve as a resource to staff in area(s) of expertise
Supporting research efforts to advance knowledge and promote evidence-based practice
Performing other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Nurse Manager of Command Center
● Bachelor's or Associate's Degree in Nursing.
● If employee is hired with an Associate's Degree in Nursing, the candidate will be required to do the following:
1) Submit a completed and signed BSN/BN/MSN Acknowledgement of Degree Requirement Form at time of hire
2) Enroll in an accredited BSN/BN/MSN program within four years of the employee’s first day of employmentand once enrolled, submit a completed and signed BSN/BN/MSN Enrollment in Required Degree Program Form
3) Complete the BSN/BN/MSN accredited program within seven years of the employee’s first day of employment. Once the degree is obtained, submit a completed and signed BSN/BN/MSN Completion of Degree Requirement Form.
● Licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of North Carolina.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Three (3) years RN experience
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● • Clinical knowledge
• Able to promote patient safety and a positive patient experience
• Flexible and comfortable with a changing and dynamic work environment and schedule across all shifts and days
• Team player who also works well independently
• Participates in ongoing learning and continuing education to care for a variety of patient populations
• Collaborate, advocate and mentor others with a professional, non-condescending manner
• Model collaborative, respectful team relationships with colleagues and customers; lead by example
● • Strong interpersonal, inter-professional communication and collaboration capabilities
• Ability to analyze, interpret and problem solve quickly with well-articulated action planning
• Strong verbal/written communication and conflict resolution skills
• Strong empathy to deliver compassionate, patient centered care
Competency requirements are determined based on the needs of the organization’s patient population, the types of procedures and care delivered, conditions or diseases treated, and the kinds of equipment used.
Competency assessments focuses on specific knowledge, technical skills, and abilities required to deliver safe, quality care, including:
• Communicates effectively in interprofessional teams including peers, nursing, ancillary professionals and supplier providers
• Has professional and respectful interactions with patients, caregivers, and members of the interprofessional team
• Clinical knowledge
• Supports the transitioning of patients effectively within and across health delivery systems
• Identifies forces that impact the cost of health care, and advocates for, and practices cost-effective care and leadership
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC Health Now
Organization Unit: Adv Care at Home - Command Ctr
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 36.00
Work Schedule: Rotating
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.