Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this winter. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 12619
Location: Siler City, NC
Facility/Division: Chatham Hospital
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
This position is responsible for: ensuring that appropriate care and services are available to patients and families, ensuring adequate and appropriate clinical staffing on each shift, supervision of nursing staff, HUC staff and utility aide staff, assistance with annual performance reviews of staff, participation in quality improvement initiatives to address identified patient safety or quality of care issues, providing and facilitating an environment conducive to staff continuing education needs, on-going unit-based educational needs and orientation of staff members.
1. Patient Care - Ensures that appropriate care and services are available to patients / clients and families. Facilitates interdisciplinary collaboration in patient/client care planning. Ensures appropriate clinical staffing and skill mix for patient care. Supervises team of professionals / paraprofessionals which may include nursing staff, health unit coordinators, nursing assistants and utility aides.
2. Human Resource Services - Effectively manages human resources. Creates an environment conducive to recruiting and retaining staff. Applies organizational policy and procedures in hiring, promoting, transferring and terminating staff. Provides staff with annual performance feedback and opportunity to set professional goals. Integrates scientific evidence regarding retention of nursing staff into unit planning.
3. Budget Management - Effectively uses clinical and financial information to establish and meet budgetary goals. Implements strategies to increase revenue and cost-effectively manage personnel, supply, and equipment resources. Evaluates the impact of strategic fiscal changes on quality outcomes.
4. Accreditation Issues - Ensures that internal and external regulatory standards or nursing practice are met or exeeded. This includes organizational policy and procedures as well as state, JCAHO, Board of Nursing and other specified acreditating bodies. Standards of practice will reflect integration of current scientific evidence.
5. Customer Satisfaction - Ensures high customer satisfaction. Communicates patient satisfacation results, letters and comments to staff and leads monthly initiatives to improve consumer satisfaction with care and services. Advocates for consumers within the organization, particulary for vulnerable or at risk populations.
6. Quality Improvement- Leads and participated in quality improvement initiatives that focus on identified patient safety or quality of care deficits
7. Education-Creates an educational environment conducive to student learning, staff continuing education, and orientation of new staff members. Accountable for annual competency evaluation of staff that ensures staff has the knowledge and skills to care for the specified patient population.
● Bachelor's degree in Nursing (BSN) from a state-accredited school of professional nursing.
● Licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in the state of North Carolina.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Eighteen (18) months of professional nursing experience in a tertiary care setting to include didactic and clinical experience in the area of assignment.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Chatham Hospital
Organization Unit: Med/Surg
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Siler City
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.