Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current employees, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For employee referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 12279
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Performs a variety of patient testing and administrative tasks in support of the clinical activities in the UNCHCS.
This position is eligible for our Clinical Laboratory Incentive Program which includes your choice of $10,000 Tuition Loan Forgiveness or $5,000 Commitment Incentive. To learn more on the incentive program guidelines and eligible positions, visit https://jobs.unchealthcare.org/pages/lab-incentive-program?bid=12881
This is for the HPC laboratory within the Transfusion medicine service so please say in the title that this is for HPC laboratory. Here are the details regarding what the job responsibilities are so they can be included in the description on the post: The primary purpose of this position is to perform routine processing in the Hematopoietic Progenitor Cell Laboratory. A list of tests this position performs are listed below.
1. Investigates problems with equipment, test results, specimens, and/or workflow.
2. May participate on teams or perform special projects/assignments.
3. May perform teaching of Clinical Laboratory Science students and Pathology residents and training of new employees. May serve as a technical resource.
4. Performs quality control and equipment maintenance in the appropriate laboratory.
5. Performs routine and less standardized test procedures which includes special chemical, microscopic and bacteriologic laboratory tests. Observes tests and reactions and provides data.
6. Prepares specimens and reagents, solutions, heat, or filters as required.
7. Reports results to healthcare providers. Consults/confers with health care providers regarding test results.
8. Reviews test results to ensure accuracy of report and timely correction of errors.
● Requires Bachelor's of Science degree. Must meet eligibility requirements upon hire to sit for MT exam within 12 months of hire.
● Must become MLS/MT (ASCP), MT (NCA), or MT (AMT) certified within 12 months of hire.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● No prior experience required.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: Transfusion Medicine Service
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.