Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this winter. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 11854
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The HCS Operational Project Manager is responsible for leading major system-wide operational projects for UNC Health Care. This position directs and manages project development from beginning to end and ensures the project is completed successfully within the given deadline and budget. The HCS Operational Project Manager defines project scope, goals, and deliverables that support system-wide business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders. The position develops full-scale system-level project plans, financial plans, quality audit follow ups, and associated communications documents. For example, the project manager will need to engage with UNCH IDS, Pharmacy, Finance and Clinical Operations. This role will work collaboratively with a variety of entities, administrative individuals, teams, groups or physicians, clinicians and executives to implement these strategies creating a culture of high performance.
1. Confidentiality - Handles confidential information with sensitivity and discretion in accordance with Privacy & Health Care System requirements.
2. Customer Focus - Creates and maintains a customer focused work environment that attracts and retains high caliber employees. Coaches and mentors employees in such a way as to obtain superior organizational engagement and performance. Monitors and evaluates performance and strives to ensure that all employees are treated fairly with compassion and respect.
3. HCS Operational Project Management - Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of system-wide projects ensuring consistency with UNC Health Care's strategy, commitments and goals. Develops project plans, goals, and budgets identifies resources needed, develops schedules and methods for measuring results while maintaining optimum working relationships with all UNCH facilities.
4. Problem Solving - Analyzes and resolves complex issues, develops policies & procedures that maximize efficiency necessary to carry out co-locations and integrations. Ensure all proper internal controls are in place to safeguard assets of the system and satisfy internal and external regulatory requirements. Develops and monitors operating and capital budget.
5. Process Improvement - Works with peers to identify and analyze opportunities for improvement. Implements processes to identify, implement, and ensure standardization decisions occur with minimal disruption to patient care or administrative activities and creating win-win solutions.
● Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate discipline.
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Five (5) years of project management experience of which 2 years of experience must be in a supervisory, management or leadership role.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Accountability Ability to bring project to successful completion on time and within budget through political sensitivity.
Highly Preferred Experience:
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: Research Compliance
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.