Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current employees, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For employee referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 12719
Location: Morrisville, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Employee Relations Manager will provide strategic and hands-on expertise on employee relations concerns at UNC Health. This position serves as a subject matter expert on employee relations issues and ensures compliance with UNC Health, State, and Federal policies and procedures. This position also supervises a team of employee relations professionals through guidance and advice on employee relations matters for employees at UNC Health.
1. Provide guidance and advice on employee relations matters for employees at UNC Health. Revise disciplinary and other types of employment-related documents/actions and work with HR Business Partners and departmental leadership to ensure proper HR procedures are being practiced. Contribute to the creation and/or modification of HR policies and procedures. Partner with internal teams on the development of training.
2. Represent UNC Health in work groups/committees to ensure successful partnerships across departments. Orient management/leadership on policy and legal compliance such as FMLA, corrective action, layoffs, and performance appraisals. Provide policy and protocol guidance, interpretation, and training to management and leadership.
3. Lead efforts for the Employee Relations team to create needed HR process protocols. Conduct full investigations on matters pertaining to harassment, discrimination, sexual harassment, whistle blower complaints, retaliation, compliance, and general workplace investigations. Manages the Employee Grievance and Appeals Program.
4. Develop surveys, interviews, and other studies to analyze trends in the employee relations arena across UNC Health. Analyze turnover and retention data to develop programs to reduce attrition and improve workplace morale. Highlight key trends in employee relations to actively drive proactive solutions and minimize reactive work. Maintain responsibility for all dashboard and statistics.
5. Document project plans and deliverables, business cases, and action items through a variety of modes to include PowerPoint, Excel, ServiceNow, and Word Lead organizational audits and ensure that data for internal and external audits is submitted in a timely manner. Lead and mentor other employee team members conducting similar audits and data requests to ensure consistency in data and reporting across the UNC Health System. Collaborate with Legal on complex issues that require interpretation and advice from UNC Health General Counsel.
6. Manage and grow a team of Employee Relations Consultants. Create an inclusive team that fosters individual development, facilitates cooperation and team work, and supports constructive resolution of conflicts. Provides guidance and suggestions to Consultants on more complex employee relations issues and policy interpretation issues. Proactively assess team, manager, and organizational development needs, making recommendations to implement appropriate solutions.
● Bachelor's degree required. Master's degree preferred.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Requires seven (7) years of experience in employee relations.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Solves complex problems that may have a long-term impact on the business function/line of business.
● Develops innovative ideas and solutions with significance to the organization’s future.
● Identifies problem areas and skill gaps proactively and addresses them appropriately.
● Excellent project management and change management skills for designing and implementing Entity, Triangle, or System initiatives in a complex environment.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: HR Business Partners
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Morrisville
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.