Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health teammates also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 12459
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Per Diem
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The UNC Center for Transplant Care is currently recruiting for a Pre Heart Transplant Nurse Coordinator to join our collaborative team. We are seeking a team player who is eager to learn and grow in a professionally enriching environment. The Transplant Nurse Coordinator position offers many opportunities for relationship building, continuing education, leadership skill development and working autonomously while serving as a valued member of a diverse multidisciplinary team. Our “One Great Team” demonstrates a strong focus on continuous quality improvement and patient safety. This position offers opportunities for intermittent work from home
1. Administrative. Collaborates with the transplant program administrator in short, intermediate, and long range planning for the transplant program through regularly scheduled staff and individual program meetings.
2. Continuous Quality Improvement. Participates in the development, implementation and evaluation of the transplant program?s CQI efforts that focus on maximizing the outcomes for both patient and graft survival. Reviews patient resource utilization with administrative and clinical staff to identify areas for improvement. Participates in the development and improvement of clinical pathways.
3. Coordination of patient care. Responsible for overseeing and/or coordinating the clinical, psychological and financial needs of the patient. Coordinates pre-operatives tests and consults to determine transplant candidacy. Maintains the program?s waiting list that includes regular follow-up on patient?s status while waiting transplant. Facilitates transplant by organizing the patient and the transplant team. Monitors inpatient status, discharge needs, and follow-up care per program standards.
4. Education. Educates patients and their families about the transplant process and what to expect during each phase of the transplant. Responsible for planning and acquiring or designing educational materials, and presenting educational programs to patients and staff, other professionals, the community and outside agencies.
5. Research. Collects and maintains clinical data in the transplant office chart and database that is required for research and reporting to outside agencies.
● Bachelor's degree in Nursing (BSN) from a state-accredited school of professional nursing.
● Licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in the state of North Carolina.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Four (4) years of professional nursing experience to include two (2) years in the area of specialization.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: Transplant Program Admin
Work Type: Per Diem
Standard Hours Per Week: 16.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.
Learn further E-Verify details in E-Verify (English) or E-Verify (Spanish).
UNC Health supports your right to work. View the Right of Work Statement (English) or Right of Work Statement (Spanish).
View the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (English) or the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (Spanish)posters.
View the PAY TRANSPARENCY (English) or the PAY TRANSPARENCY (Spanish)Nondiscrimination provision posters.
View the Federal Workplace poster. View our EEO/AA Policy Statement.