Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current employees, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For employee referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 12655
Location: Morrisville, NC
Facility/Division: Health Alliance
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
UNC Health Alliance is UNC Health’s statewide clinically integrated network and population health services organization. The mission of this team is to transform healthcare delivery on behalf of more than 7,200 providers by offering patient-centered solutions to populations covered under alternative payment models. Joining this team means you will work closely with providers, practices, payers, business leaders, and community partners to improve the quality and accessibility of care while lowering the cost of care for patients, payers, and businesses. We are a growing team looking for top talent to help us with creative solutions that improve patient care and help make healthcare more affordable. Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Care Manager MSW is part of an integrated healthcare team and provides behavioral health services in the form of brief treatment and preventative care services for the Medicare population in the form of Annual Wellness Visits (AWVs) in the outpatient primary or specialty care setting. Behavioral health responsibilities include assessment, diagnosis of behavioral health conditions using the DSM-V, brief treatment interventions, monitoring, and evaluating of the patient’s progress. The Care Manager will conduct Medicare AWVs for eligible patients and provide episodic care management for patients identified by the practice. This position will also include providing ongoing support and expertise through comprehensive assessment, planning, implementation and overall evaluation of individual patient needs. The Care Manager performs business functions and participates in compliance and quality performance improvement efforts to ensure that care is safe and effective. The care manager must work collaboratively with a multi-disciplinary care team to achieve high quality, low cost outcomes for patient populations.
**This position will support UNC Internal Medicine at Middlesex and UNC Primary Care Clayton practices.
***This position qualifies for a $4,000 commitment incentive, paid in four (4) installments over a two (2) year commitment. Payment of $1,000 is made after each six (6) month period of work completed.
1. Provides brief psychotherapy (up to 12 visits) for mental, emotional, and behavioral conditions within the scope of practice for a LCSW.
2. Provides Medicare Annual Wellness visits and care management services in the ambulatory practice setting. Works collaboratively with other care team members to develop and support the patient's care plan.
3. Provides care management services in the ambulatory practice setting. Works collaboratively with other care team members to develop and support the patient's care plan.
4. Maintains an environment of safety for patients, self, and others.
5. Maintains compliance with established UNC policies and procedures.
6. Maintains current knowledge and skills, and practices to the full scope of licensure of a Licensed Clinical Social Worker.
7. Maintains compliance with governmental and private insurance billing and reimbursement guidelines.
8. Utilizes motivational interviewing to identify barriers and facilitate care plan compliance. Serves as a patient advocate, supporting shared decision-making and the use of decision aids.
9. Reviews and monitors patient outcomes, recommends changes in care plan and implements population management interventions.
10. Consistently achieves established productivity and performance targets.
11. Appropriately documents consults and interventions in the patient's electronic medical record.
12. Actively participates in meetings, problem solving, goal setting, quality improvement and patient satisfaction initiatives.
13. Professionalism - Demonstrates flexibility and professionalism in a dynamic environment with frequent re-ordering of priorities and assignments. Uses critical thinking skills to evaluate and prioritize rapidly changing demands.
14. May assist with training/precepting as needed as assigned.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS: Requires Master's in Social Work.
LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: LCSW required.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: Three (3) years of broad clinical experience in the acute care setting caring for patients with complex medical conditions required. Experience in case management, utilization review, quality management preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIREMENTS: Excellent interpersonal skills and communication capabilities. Knowledge of care management and quality improvement principles. Possess appropriate analytical skills to independently problem solve and make decisions. Possess computer skills at a level sufficient to effectively and efficiently use computer applications common to a Patient Centered Medical Home practice.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.
View the Federal Workplace poster.