Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this winter. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 12624
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Faculty Physicians
Status: Full Time
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Performs all facets of cardiac ultrasound testing for noninvasive pediatric cardiology services.
1. Echocardiograms- Performs pediatric echocardiograms of consistent diagnostic quality. Generates ultrasound images of the pediatric heart and related structures using digital echo capture and color Doppler equipment for all of the following: transthoracic, transesophageal, and dobutamine stress contrast echocardiograms.
2. Patient Care- Demonstrates competence in delivering pre-procedure and post-procedure patient care including, but not limited to: patient assessment; pre- and post-procedure care; and, emergency cardiac care (CPR is required). Additionally, assistance with post-procedure transport may be required.
3. Consultation- Provides consultation with health care providers regarding the pediatric echocardiograms.
4. Patient Documentation- Monitors and records patient information and maintains report storage and data systems. Compiles and enters data necessary for charge entry and prepares reports for video archiving using the digital storage system. Also responsible for retrieval of stored information and reports from the automated storage system.
● Associate’s degree in Sonography, Radiology or related field and / or ARDMS or CCI registered/registry eligible in Pediatric Echocardiography, proficient in all modalities of Pediatric Echocardiography including 2-D, M-Mode, CW/PW Doppler, tissue Doppler and have a working knowledge of pediatric heart disease and surgical repair. .
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● No prior experience required.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Faculty Physicians
Organization Unit: SOM Ped Admin
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Variable
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.