Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current employees, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For employee referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 12662
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Health Now
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
UNC Health Advanced Care at Home is seeking a highly motivated Associate Operational Project Manager to assist in overseeing and participating in the development, implementation and execution of a variety of projects in support of Advanced Care at Home’s sustainability and expansion. The individual will assist in leading projects, supporting program operations, and assisting the leadership team in implementation, execution and achievement of strategic goals for the program. The Associate Operational Project Manager will help build and manage relationships with internal and external clinical and operational leaders. Furthermore, this individual will support development and dissemination of educational resources to promote organizational and community awareness of the Advanced Care at Home model of care. The ideal candidate is passionate about transformative virtual care solutions and driving exceptional patient-centered care.
1. Program Administration: Supports Advanced Care at Home leadership in program administration and managing special projects and duties as needed. Assists in meeting planning, scheduling, and preparation, including developing presentation materials.
2. Program Expansion: Support management and execution of special projects related to program expansion, including but not limited to growth and optimization of the Rapid Response Network.
3. Communication and Relationships: Builds and maintains relationships and strategic partnerships with system, entity and clinical leaders representing the program. Provides day-to-day oversight of the development of education and communication resources that develop strong relationships with clinicians and builds awareness of the program benefits and offerings.
4. Manages / Supervises Operations: Assist in overseeing day-to-day operations, inclusive of clinical and support staff. Assist in managing issues as they arise, including escalations with vendors within the Rapid Response Network as needed. Identifies opportunities for professional development across staff members, including management of performance issues.
5. Strategic Planning: Contribute to high-level, strategic planning to define program objectives and determine delivery model that assures successful outcomes. Interface with all UNC Health Care entities and effectively communicate strategies, successfully elicit support and provide assistance implementing those strategies.
6. Quality Improvement: Analyzes and resolves complex issues to maximize operational efficiency and clinical quality. Continually evaluates program operations, triages and identifies issues that require escalation to program leadership, and collaborates on resolution. Implements processes to identify, implement and ensure standardization. Works to assure decisions and solutions occur with minimal disruption to patient care or administrative activities.
7. Continual Learning: Keeps abreast of virtual care, models continuous professional development, and supports UNC HCS culture and values. 8. Research and Reporting Provides project management support for research and reporting initiatives, including supporting larger virtual care research projects and other system-wide collaborations.
● Bachelor’s degree in applicable field
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● One (1) year of professional experience in project management or program administration. Prior experience in quality improvement, strategic planning, or risk management preferred.
● If Master's degree in Business Administration or Health Administration, no experience is required.
● If Associate's degree, five (5) years of professional experience in project management or program administration.
● If High School, nine (9) years of professional experience in project management or program administration.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Strong knowledge of project management techniques and tools.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC Health Now
Organization Unit: Adv Care at Home - Admin
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.