Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this winter. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 12431
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Supervises Print Services operations and staff. Prioritizes print service requests and distributes workload accordingly. Ensures all request are complete and accurate before leaving the Print Service department.
1. Manage the overall operation, budgetary and financial responsibilities and activities of the department
2. Plan, evaluate and improve the efficiency of business process and procedures to enhance speed, quality, efficiency and output
3. Prepares periodic reports for management to track strategic goal accomplishments
4. Communicate any problems or obstacles to senior management
5. Work with vendors in procuring supplies, outsourced print materials, and quotes
6. Coordinates, schedules, facilitates and monitors printing and production services
7. Place routine work orders and requests for repair and replacement work on plant equipment
8. Make day-to-day decisions for Print Services in the absence of the Manager
9. Oversee the employees in Print Services and the copy center in Chapel Hill
10. Ensure all employees follow industry standard health and safety guidelines
11. Create schedules for employees to ensure optimum staffing coverage
● High School Diploma or GED
● No Licensure Requirements
Professional Experience Requirements:
● 7 (seven) years working in printing facility in a production-related capacity
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: Printing
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.