Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this winter. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 12903
Location: Lumberton, NC
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Develops and implements strategies to meet strategic focuses for Human Resources, Customer Relations, Patient Satisfaction, Volunteer Services, Receptionist, Greeters Screeners, and Interpreters for the organization. Provides information and advice to assist leaders in dealing with customer and employee relations issues.
1. Develop goals and objectives in areas of responsibility to support and enhance organizational operational goals and strategic focuses.
2. Review for appropriateness: business plans and financial budgets of areas of responsibilities.
3. Select, train/orient, develop job descriptions and standards of performance for, evaluate performance of, and initiate or make recommendations for personnel actions for direct report individuals.
4. Enhance professional growth and development through active membership in appropriate professional associations, participation in educational programs, and review of current literature to keep abreast of latest trends in field of expertise.
5. Ensure the security and accuracy of human resource data for the organization and monitor organizational-wide statistics, cost projections, and personal information on all employees.
6. Evaluate changing demographic, legal, and technical developments in the guest relations and human resource management. Develop and recommend changes to current or new patient experience and human resources programs that are responsive to organizational needs.
7. Monitor and maintain organizational philosophy, approaches, and policies on education, compensation, employee benefits, employee relations, customer grievances and complaints.
8. Facilitate the problem solving processes for leaders, employees, patients and customers.
EDUCATION, CREDENTIALS, TRAINING and EXPERIENCE:
Minimum Required: Master’s degree in human resource management, business administration, or other related area. Five years of successful human resource management responsibilities preferably in a healthcare setting.
Preferred: Human Resource Professional Credential.
ADDITIONAL SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS:
Strong interpersonal skills. Advanced written and oral communication skills. Good analytical skills.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC Health Southeastern
Organization Unit: Talent Acquisition
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Lumberton
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.