Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current employees, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For employee referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 11737
Location: Durham, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Home Health Nurse (RN) is a highly qualified health care provider who through education and experience possesses a distinct body of knowledge and skills and applied the art and science of his/her profession. The position is responsible for providing leadership to ensure validity of measurement, accuracy of data, patient safety and regulatory compliance with quality improvement, reporting and regulatory initiatives. A Clinical Quality Assurance Specialist uses a combination of nursing, quality, and informatics knowledge to manage data, process, and information systems. In this role, the objectives would include improving clinical care as well as clinical documentation and reporting for treatment, prevention, and drug administration regimens, record keeping practices, workflow procedures, medical decision-making practices, and pay-for- performance programs. He/she applies nursing knowledge in assessing, implementing, and evaluating clinical outcomes to actual or potential health problems.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1.Follow quality assurance policies and procedures
2.Interpret and comply with quality assurance standards
3.Make sure quality assurance standards are adequate
4.Elaborate the procedures of sampling and guidelines for collection and reporting quality data
5.Document quality assurance activities, such as internal audits
6.Inspect data to detect areas for improvement
7.Elaborate, recommend and oversee improvement actions
8.Report on results of quality activities
9.Detect coaching needs and take action in accordance with these needs in order to ensure compliance with quality standards
10.Analyze audit outcomes and carry out appropriate improvement actions
11.Participates in risk management as appropriate
12.Review SHP reports and trend opportunities for improvement
13.Reduce days in quality review and drop RAPS in 5 days
14.Attend meetings as appropriate
15.Accepts accountability for own practice
16.Maintains competencies by participating in inservice and continuing education classes to stay abreast of changes in healthcare quality assurance
17.Complies with policies and procedures
18.Communicates with field clinicians and physicians as needed to ensure quality measures are met
19.Ensure ongoing abidance by industry regulatory and quality requirements
20. Reacts to change productively and performs other job-related tasks and duties as assigned including but not limited to field visits and RN on call rotation
Monday-Friday 8a-5p. 40 hours per week. Weekend hours may be mandated based on agency needs.
Productivity expectation of processing 15-20 charts per day
Cover both UNC and Rex Home Services Quality Workflows.
● Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
● CPHQ , CPHRM , RN NC LIC
Professional Experience Requirements:
● If a Bachelor's degree: requires three (3) years of related experience and/or training.
● Three (3) years of clinical experience in a healthcare setting or equivalent combination of education and experience.
● Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of North Carolina by the North Carolina Board of Nursing.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● LANGUAGE SKILLS Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conforms to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors. MATHEMATICAL SKILLS Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis. REASONING ABILITY Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: UNC HH Raleigh Branch Admin
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.
View the Federal Workplace poster.