Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health teammates also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 11822
Location: Morrisville, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
This position may involve support of various hospitals and health care systems within the UNC Health Care System, but will be employed by Rex Hospital, Inc. (this includes, but is not limited to, for purposes of payroll, health benefits, retirement options, and applicable policies).
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Hospital Quality Clinical Leader is responsible for creating project strategy and execution associated with multiple Hospital Quality initiatives across UNC Health Care. Projects will focus on improving patient care and outcomes. This individual develops project charters, execution strategy, change management strategy, and manages the work of project teams to achieve desired outcomes. The Hospital Quality Clinical Leader represents the Hospital Quality and Innovation Department within the UNC Health community and ensures continual focus on achieving desired project outcomes. This individual works within the Hospital Quality and Innovation Department and interfaces daily with key stakeholders across UNC Health entities to successfully define, plan, execute and achieve desired results. This individual also works collaboratively with administrative leaders/teams, clinicians, staff and executives to achieve high performance outcomes.
This individual reports to the Hospital Quality and Innovation Executive Director.
1. Project Strategy - Develops project charters, execution strategy, and various high-level stakeholder and project management plans required to achieve desired outcomes. Works with Hospital Quality team, system leadership, and hospital leaders to ensure project execution strategy aligns with other concurrent initiatives.
2. Communication - Acts as a key liaison with entity leaders, physicians, shared services, and multidisciplinary teams to communicate project strategy, direction, changes, and impact across departments and organizational structures.
3. Facilitation and Quality tools - Leads and facilitates project-related discussions between stakeholder groups and utilizes skills and experience to reach desired outcomes, which may include clinical process design, data analysis and visualization, and development of project charters and work plans
4. Projects- Delivers assigned projects driven by hospital quality metrics on time in alignment with strategy and business requirements. Oriented to maximize each project’s impact on improving patient care and outcomes and by reducing patient harms.
5. Complex Issues - Analyzes and resolves complex issues impacting stakeholders. Manages political issues to engage stakeholder groups and manage downstream impact on hospital quality work.
6. Change Management - Lead identification, facilitation and execution of change management initiatives required to achieve desired project outcomes.
7. Quantitative Skills- Able to apply data manipulation and analysis skills for reporting to support hospital quality initiatives.
8. Clinical Knowledge - Provides both direct and indirect support to clinical leaders and co-workers implementing hospital quality tools and techniques. Includes creating and teaching educational documents. Requirements:
● Bachelor's degree or higher in Business Administration, Science or Health Care-related field.
Clinical education required (degree or certification or license acceptable)
Master’s degree preferred.
● Requires certification in a clinical field to include: RN, NP, or PA
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Three (3) years of healthcare experience in business, or quality performance improvement design and implementation, or project management, or management consulting, or healthcare managerial role, or healthcare educator role. Four (4) years of experience in a clinical setting – outpatient or inpatient or home health or hospice.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● · Healthcare experience required
· Clinical leadership experience required
· Proven ability to lead complex project initiatives in a clinical and/or business environment
· Excellent analytical and communication skills, including facilitation and presentation skills
· Proven ability to excel and achieve results in a team-oriented, matrixed environment
· Experience leading groups of stakeholders/leaders to achieve quantifiable results
· Knowledge of project and change management techniques and tools
· Highly responsive to internal customers
· Proficient in Office Suite tools. Prefer applicant with experience in areas such as Tableau, EHR reporting (Crystal reports, workbench, etc.)
· Proficient in reading, documenting in, and teaching use of an electronic health record. Epic preferred.
· Understands healthcare cost structures at a high level.
· Lean Six Sigma Certification or equivalent preferred
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: UNC HCS Care Redesign
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Morrisville
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.
View the Federal Workplace poster.