Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this winter. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 11938
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
RN Education Coordinator-Oncology Services
Full-time, Exempt position. As a State employee, this position is eligible for comprehensive State benefit package including health and retirement options and a generous PTO package.
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Oncology Services Education Coordinator is a Registered Nurse knowledgeable of the Oncology requirements including Navigation, Accreditation, and CMS compliance standards. This position works collaboratively with leadership to identify and address the Oncology department's educational needs in order to ensure on-going quality can support a leading edge practice. In addition, this role is a member and an active participant on the Oncology team leader group.
1. Consults with the Oncology Managers and Directors to identify forthcoming changes in practice changes, developing timely and appropriate educational materials and methods for educating staff. Facilitates problem solving with management, offering potential solutions and assistance as needed.
2. Develops Oncology specific curriculum content, course outlines, and teaching schedules to meet the objectives of the Oncology Service Line, pertinent accreditation standards and regulatory compliance for current and new professional and support staff. Periodically reviews and revises on specific oncology curriculum content stay current with changes in regulation and best practice. Maintains own Oncology criteria/guideline knowledge at the expert level. Acts as resource to Oncology staff and other UNC departments for criteria/guideline education, questions, on boarding, and annual competencies.
3. Ensures regulatory compliance using a variety of assessment methods. Represents department and coordinates reviews with certification agencies conducts chart audits participates in preparation for certification reviews and interprets regulatory requirements for reviews. Works with management team to develop metrics and action plans as needed.
4. Maintains contacts with UNC Nursing Practice and Research and UNC School of Nursing to foster educational and research opportunities and continuing education credits for staff. Works collaboratively with other educators in Oncology organizations to identify and disseminate information on educational opportunities applicable to various disease groups.
5. Serve on various departmental and institutional committees and perform other duties as assigned.
● Bachelor's degree in Nursing (BSN) from a state-accredited school of professional nursing.
● Licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in the state of North Carolina·Oncology Certification within one (1) year from date of hire.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Minimum of three (3) years acute care nursing and minimum of two (2) years Oncology Nursing experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Knowledgeable of the Oncology best practices. Must be able to effectively communicate with physicians and other health care professionals, and possess the ability to communicate verbally and in writing with individuals of varying educational levels. Prior experience in group facilitation and teaching is desirable Must be comfortable and effective in speaking to groups, enthusiastic and an appropriate role model. Must be able to maintain confidentiality, be collaborative and able to delegate when appropriate. Must have strong organizational skills.
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: UNCH Oncology Pt & Fam Rsc Ctr
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.