Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this winter. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 12679
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Full Time
Shift: Night Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
This position leads technician training efforts, identifies and executes process improvement opportunities, and prioritizes workflow. In addition, the position provides support to the pharmacist by reviewing, compounding and dispensing medications. All work is carried out under the supervision of a licensed Pharmacist.
The overnight Technician III position will work to support inpatient and perioperative services at UNC Rex. They will have responsibilities of compounding sterile and non-sterile medications, delivering and exchanging medications, receiving medications and handling controlled substances.
This position will work Monday – Friday (~10 PM – 6:30 AM)
1. Performs expert training of new employees, educating them in job-specific functions. Develops training materials, and completes training documentation.
2. Operates independently on process improvement projects. Actively implements identified solutions.
3. Assists the pharmacist in reprioritizing daily workflow to maintain patient care. Assists with schedule adjustments.
4. Compounds and/or prepares medications (sterile products, oral, topical, controlled substances, etc.) as authorized by a physician, under the supervision of a licensed Pharmacist.
5. Delivers exchanges medications to the respective patient area and returns unused medications to the pharmacy.
6. Documents pharmaceutical activities including patient billing for medications and equipment, quality control requirements, etc. using automated and paper systems. Ensures accuracy of data.
7. Responds to and triages requests from customers for assistance with pharmacy services such as medication delivery, drug information, etc.
8. Operates and supports automated dispensing technology to supply correct medications for individual patients, according to pharmacist and physician orders.
9. Orders, receives, restocks, and rotates inventory, and completes expiration date management.
10. Assures regulatory compliance for medication storage areas, including inspections and/or controlled substance inventories, USP797 and other regulatory documentation as required.
● High school diploma or GED. Completion of an academic pharmacy technician training program preferred.
● Registration with the NC Board of Pharmacy unless enrolled in a PharmD program.·CPhT from PTCB or ExCPT from NHA unless enrolled in a PharmD program.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Two years of pharmacy technician experience required.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: Rex IP Pharmacy
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Night Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.