Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current employees, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For employee referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 12699
Location: Durham, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Certified Technician provides support to the pharmacist by reviewing, compounding and dispensing medications. All work is carried out under the supervision of a licensed Pharmacist. This is a warehouse position.
1. Compounds and/or prepares medications (sterile products, oral, topical, controlled substances, etc.) including high-risk medication processes as defined by the entity, as authorized by a physician, under the supervision of a licensed Pharmacist.
2. Coordinates shipments to hospitals and clinics with multiple couriers and shipment pathways and ensures compliance with temperature requirements (i.e; cold chain, room temperature).
3. Documents pharmaceutical distribution activities for medications and equipment, quality control requirements, etc. using automated and paper systems. Ensures accuracy of data.
4. Supports hospital automated dispensing technology to supply correct refill medications for thru targeted distribution programs.
5. Orders, receives, restocks, and rotates inventory, and completes expiration date management.
6. Assists with training of new employees, educating them in job-specific functions.
7. Contributes to process improvement projects.
8. Participates in regulatory compliance inspection of medication storage areas, including inspections and/or controlled substance inventories, USP797 and other regulatory documentation as required.
● High school diploma or GED. Completion of an academic pharmacy technician training program preferred.
● Registration with the NC Board of Pharmacy unless enrolled in a PharmD program.·CPhT from PTCB or ExCPT from NHA unless enrolled in a PharmD program.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Prior pharmacy technician experience is preferred.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: UNC HCS Pharmacy Supply Chain
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Durham
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.