Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current employees, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For employee referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 13053
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Senior Revenue Cycle Analyst serves in an analytical and consultative capacity providing data driven insights and actionable information to drive improvement, increase efficiency, and implement best practices in revenue cycle operations. The Senior Revenue Cycle Analyst is a key liaison between Revenue Cycle and Physician/Hospital leadership. The Senior Revenue Cycle Analyst will work closely with a Practice Relations Director to provide financial and operational data analyses to enhance organizational decision-making. They will also mentor and provide technical guidance to the Revenue Cycle Analyst(s) in support of assigned customers.
1. Revenue Cycle Analysis - Provides financial and operational data analysis to generate insights that advance Departmental, Entity, and System initiatives and improve performance. Synthesizes information from a variety of internal and external sources to support actionable business decisions. Ensures the highest level of data integrity and security across UNC Health Care's business intelligence portfolio.
2. Relationship Building - Builds strong consultative relationships as a key business partner for information and a data insights advisor to the Business. Translates customer data questions and requirements into actionable analytic score cards, dashboards, or reports in support of financial and revenue cycle improvement projects and initiatives.
3. Customer Presentations - Develops and delivers impactful presentations for senior executives, departmental and/or hospital leaders, and/or at meetings with other key stakeholders. Follows best practices for presenting and utilizes correct template and formatting to provide consistent and easy to understand data analysis.
4. Technical Support and Expertise - Develops and maintains reports, dashboards, and balanced scorecards using visual analytics that provide enhanced insight and improve organizational decision-making. Identifies and keeps abreast of emerging revenue cycle trends, recommending and designing analyses to enhance the enterprise’s competitive edge. Learns the unique attributes of assigned specialties and departments in order to assist in improving their revenue cycle.
5. Collaboration and Teamwork - Collaborates with both Practice Relations Director and Revenue Cycle Analyst to develop impactful analysis and messaging to assigned customers. Specifically, works with Revenue Cycle Analyst on training and education of end users on self-service reporting tools, including preparation of instructional materials such as PowerPoint presentations, procedural documents and data dictionaries.
6. Solutions Delivery – Serves as the revenue cycle expert and liaison for assigned customers, developing solutions to operational and billing functions through collaboration with Revenue Cycle departments.
7. Systems Impact – Identifies revenue cycle trends in the data that drive process improvements for revenue cycle, assigned departments, and the system. Completes enhancements that positively impact the health system’s bottom line through increased collections and reductions in the cost to collect.
● Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate discipline.
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Three years of experience in revenue cycle analysis or healthcare data analysis; healthcare consulting, or relevant clinical operations-Experience in health system or private practice revenue cycle or operations-Experience with Business Objects or oth
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Strong analytical and problem solving skills. Experience managing multiple and competing tasks and priorities with delivery deadlines in fast paced, complex environment. Great attention to detail and accuracy. Must maintain excellent communications with
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: Rev Cycle Analytics
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.