Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this winter. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 12959
Location: Durham, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Physicians Network
Status: Part Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
This position will serve at UNC’s onsite corporate health center @ Cisco RTP. LifeConnections is a integrative medical practice which offers primary care, optometry, physical therapy, acupuncture, chiropractic, counseling, health coaching and Psychiatry services all working in collaboration to deliver whole person care.
1. Maintains an environment of safety for patients, self, and others.
2. Performs comprehensive and interdisciplinary patient assessments.
3. Creates care plans using appropriate therapeutic modalities based on the presenting concerns.
4. Participates in interdisciplinary care planning.
5. Serves as a liaison and resource between patients, families, providers and the whole healthcare team.
6. Participates in departmental, service line, and organization-wide improvement activities.
7. Participates in an Integrated Behavioral Health (IBH) care model that consults with psychiatrist and works in coordination with the primary care team to implement evidence-based treatment plans
8. Participates in weekly IBH team meetings to review patient caseload
● Master's Degree (M.A.) or equivalent; or four to ten years related experience and/or training;or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Minimum of two years experience in hospital, long term care or hospice setting.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret professional journals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from patients, their families and the general public. Ability to effectively present and receive information in one-on-one and small group situations, as well. Mathematical Skills: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts to practical situations. Reasoning ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC Physicians Network
Organization Unit: UNCPN Cisco LifeConnections
Work Type: Part Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 20.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Durham
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.