Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 12586
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Faculty Physicians
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Performs a variety of administrative functions in support of a program or an administrative official in carrying out departmental financial and operating procedures and/or a program's administrative activities.
The Divisions of Hematology and Oncology Fellowship program is part of the Department of Medicine at The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. The vision of the program is to train hematology and oncology fellows to be outstanding practitioners in their chosen field of practice or academic medicine. The fellows, who come from a diverse background, participate in clinical activities of hematology and oncology at the main campus of the University of North Carolina in Chapel Hill as well as elective care at the Cancer Center Rex Hospital in Raleigh. The program is designed with an intense clinical year in the first year of training, followed by two years of research intermingled with clinical activities. Many fellows apply and successfully earn positions on research training grants. Research includes paths in outcomes research, basic science, clinical translational research, and educational research. The coordinator, often the first point of contact for the fellows with the rest of the program and faculty, is essential in carrying out the clinical and research missions of the program. The intent of the below job description is to provide representative level of the duties and responsibilities of the coordinator but it is not a complete listing of the responsibilities and it cannot predict the changing environment of graduate medical education.
1. Administers a department or program budget, including participating with management in the development of budgets and establishing fiscal goals and objectives. Monitors a variety of accounts, analyzes budgetary trends, prepares fiscal reports used by management in strategic planning. Advises supervisor on budgetary matters.
2. Develops and/or revises work procedures and methods, including necessary forms design, trains employees in work procedures.
3. May supervise subordinate group of employees in administering program activities to include selection, training, evaluating, counseling and disciplining as delegated.
4. Performs departmental or program purchasing administrative functions to include researching and recommending supplies and equipment to supervisor, expediting purchase orders and requisitions, and approving operational expenditures.
5. Performs space allocation functions to include researching and recommending space reallocation, addition and renovation to supervisor, recommending vendors, and monitoring projects.
6. Serves as a resource for management and employees in the interpretation and application of a variety of policies and procedures. Refines, develops, implements and communicates departmental and health care system policies and procedures to employees. Investigates and resolves matters regarding specific operating problems.
7. Serves as human resources representative by ensuring compliance with HR policies and procedures, and serving as liaison with Human Resource Services for recruitment, retention, classification, compensation, and employee relations issues.
● High School diploma or GED. Bachelors of Science is preferred.
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Three (3) years of clerical or administrative experience.
● If Bachelor's degree, one (1) year of clerical or administrative experience.
● If Associate's degree, two (2) years of clerical or administrative experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Faculty Physicians
Organization Unit: SOM Med Hematology
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.