Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this winter. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 12741
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Full Time
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Coordinates orientation, staff development and continuing education for Sterile Processing Department.
1. Assists staff in design and implementation of SPD performance improvement projects.
2. Provides education to staff on regulatory standards and compliance, current sterile processing practice issues, and safety standards.
3. Maintains and updates all orientation manuals and skills checklists.
4. Contributes to sterile processing policy development.
5. Creates individualized training plan for all new employees. Conducts weekly assessments of new employees and adjusts orientation training schedule as needed.
6. Assesses competency of preceptors to ensure they have the knowledge and skill to assist with orientation of new employees.
7. Coordinates in-service schedule for new instruments, continuing education, etc.
● Associate’s degree required.
● Sterile Processing Certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Three (3) years of SPD experience including at lest one year in a senior role serving as a preceptor.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: Surgical Support Services
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Rotating
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.