Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 12369
Location: Morrisville, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
This position is located at UNC Health Southeastern – Lumberton, NC
Do you have a clinical background, are Epic savvy and enjoy educating others? Join our amazing UNC Health Clinical informatics Team that assists inpatient health care system providers and clinicians with Epic@ UNC documentation. Our team’s focus is to assist providers and clinicians with documentation efficiency tips and provide support to nursing leadership and staff. We are looking for a candidate with a clinical background who is interested in healthcare technology with an inquisitive mind and troubleshooting skills.
This position may involve support of various hospitals and health care systems within the UNC Health Care System, but will be employed by Rex Hospital, Inc. (this includes, but is not limited to, for purposes of payroll, health benefits, retirement options, and applicable policies).
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Supports physicians, clinicians, health care workers, affiliates and partners by providing continuous support, troubleshooting and identifying opportunities for clinical information system improvements. Serves as a liaison between the clinical departments and IT in order to provide technical solutions to meet user needs. Promotes future and present system functionality by designing, building and testing the clinical information systems. Enhances the organization by driving the evolution of customer-oriented, cost-effective and integrated health information management systems.
1. Coordinates and actively participates in the planning, design, development, implementation, maintenance, training and evaluation of clinical information systems for nursing services.
2. Develops in depth knowledge of the system capabilities, applications and processes to function effectively as an educator for system users. Provides training to new users and provides end-user support.
3. Facilitates the integration of data, information and knowledge to support patients, nurses and other providers in their decision-making.
4. Participates in the development of clinical informatics protocols, policies, procedures, and quality metrics and works to assure compliance with regulations.
5. Represents the concerns and issues of the assigned clinical constituencies related to clinical informatics.
6. Works collaboratively with Information Technology, medical staff and the various patient care departments.
● Bachelor's degree in Nursing, Computer Science or related field (or equivalent combination of education, training and experience).
● Credentialed healthcare professional (e.g., Registered Nurse, Resp Therapist, Rad Tech) licensed to practice in the state of North Carolina.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● If a Bachelor's degree: Three (3) years of clinical practice experience.
● If an Associate's degree: Seven (7) years of clinical practice experience.
● If a high school diploma or GED: Eleven (11) years of clinical practice experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Excellent analytical and communication skills. Ability to work well in a team environment. Demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple tasks simultaneously. Highly responsive to internal customers.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: IT Training User Support
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Lumberton/Southeastern
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.