Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this winter. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 12660
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Assesses educational needs for a business unit and creates and presents training programs to meet those needs. Participates in and assists with planning for system wide training programs.
1. Assesses training needs of employees through analysis of reported issues, tracking of business metrics, and external data gathering techniques. Develops training plans/programs based on needs assessments.
2. Assists in developing long and short-term plan for training across all departmental business operations.
3. Composes and develops instructional training, orientation materials, and systems. Develops and maintains internal source of reference documentation for use in providing guidance to users, resolving issues, and future program development.
4. Conducts training and orientation on policies, procedures, systems, and process flow. Trains users on departmental computer applications and their role throughout the business operation. Conducts training sessions for new employees and refresher courses for other employees.
5. Develops and implements the IMPACT Care program. Improves the goals for the year which are expenses and efficiency reduction. Monitors staff actions related to patient care and safety, regulatory or compliance bodies and other relevant indicators of quality. Initiates actions related to interdepartmental and intradepartmental communication to improve patient and staff processes. Incorporates process management in the change process to staff/physicians/ colleagues.
6. Ensures that current standards of practice, compliance, and regulations are met. Ensures compliance with regulatory organizations, such as the JC, AORN, CDC, HHARM.
7. Participates in system wide initiatives to improve efficiency and reach institutional goals and objectives.
8. Provides support functions such as purchasing training materials and systems, maintaining training records, and making logistical arrangements.
9. Use confidentiality when dealing with employees and customers. Expected to safeguard confidential information and only use or disclose it as expressly authorized or specifically required in the course of performing their specific job duties.
● Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate discipline (or equivalent combination of education, training and experience).
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● If a Bachelor's degree: Two (2) years of administrative support experience.
● If an Associate's degree: Six (6) years of administrative support experience.
● If a High School diploma or GED: Ten (10) years of administrative support experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: UNCH Care Mgmt Operations
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.