Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health teammates also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 12535
Location: Morrisville, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Serves as the program coordinator and liaison for 340B-related matters in conjunction with the Assistant Director. Serves as the covered entity’s compliance expert on 340B Program details, policies, and procedures. Acts as the liaison with necessary affiliated departments to ensure 340B Program integrity. Provides oversight and leadership from the department of pharmacy for the 340B Program. Assist the Assistant Director with leading the organization’s 340B oversight committee, which includes members from senior leadership, pharmacy, compliance, legal, and finance. Provides expertise with the 340B Program to staff and participants regarding ongoing compliance. Develops and maintains internal relationships (accounting, legal, national) and external relationships (wholesalers, manufacturers, contract pharmacies, split-billing software vendors, employee benefit pharmacy benefits managers [PBMs], and third-party administrator [TPA] vendors) as needed. Actively engages with senior leadership and participates in decision-making processes related to the implementation of new 340B processes.
1. Ensures that policies and procedures are developed, implemented, and maintained according to organizational, regional, national, state, and federal requirements and guidelines and are approved by the institution’s legal department.
2. Establishes consistent policies and procedures for 340B that ensure productivity and efficiency so that long-term management of the program does not hamper operations or create unnecessary costs
3. Provides ongoing training, education, and communication required for the 340B Program at the organization.
4. Develops training/competency materials for all employees who work with the 340B Program.
5. Regularly communicates with all staff involved with the 340B Program to be sure that processes remain efficient and to address any problems or suggestions for improvement.
6. Provides program level management as well as shift specific management in areas of responsibility. Performs supervisory responsibilities through selection, training, evaluating, counseling, and corrective action of staff.
7. Monitors and assesses 340B guidance and/or rule changes, including, but not limited to, HRSA/OPA rules and Medicaid changes.
8. Routinely monitors industry publications and websites as well as the professional media, literature, and peers to ensure that the institution has the latest information regarding interpretations, rulings, suggestions, and advanced ideas for improving participation.
9. Ensures that the 340B pharmacy program is continuously compliant with 340B federal regulations.
10. Develops, executes, and documents self-audits of the 340B process. Coordinates and ensures remediation of findings.
11. Conducts and/or coordinates an annual audit of all contract pharmacies. Documents results and follow-up on any findings.
12. Reviews and monitors all points of service where 340B participation occurs to ensure policy and procedure compliance, covered entity eligibility, and “covered patient” eligibility.
13. Responsible for the day-to-day management, compliance review, and operations of clinic-administered medications in eligible locations, mixed-use areas managed by split-billing software, outpatient prescriptions fulfilled by an owned pharmacy, and outpatient prescriptions fulfilled by a contract 340B pharmacy.
14. Ensures evaluations of gaps at the site level and assists in providing the tools necessary to be compliant with the 340B Program.
15. Evaluates covered entity compliance at the contract pharmacy, covered entity, and wholesaler levels.
16. Performs annual independent compliance audits and reports findings to responsible representatives at the organization.
17. Performs 340B purchasing and utilization audits or compliance assessments internally, as needed.
18. Routinely audits all 340B programs to ensure compliance with regulations related to 340B purchasing.19. Assesses opportunities for cost savings and business improvements in 340B contract pharmacy utilization.
20. Assesses opportunities for cost savings and system improvements to yield higher compliance
Experience in 340B and/or pharmacy supply chain preferred.
● Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy.
● Eligible for licensure as a Registered Pharmacist in NC. Licensure from NC Board of Pharmacy required within 6 months of orientation date or sooner if required for operations.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Three years pharmacist experience or equivalent required.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: Pharmacy 340B Programs
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Morrisville
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.
View the Federal Workplace poster.