Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this winter. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 13231
Location: Morrisville, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Executive Compensation Consultant provides support for executive compensation with analysis of compensation information for executive and director level roles. Requires strong analytical, critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills. Operates under minimal supervision and functions independently in project management and reporting analysis. Maintains
information pertinent to executive level roles. Works with multiple levels of leadership within the organization. Leads project coordination and execution in timely and efficient manner.
1. Compensation Administration: Provides day-to-day compensation support and analysis for executive level positions across the health system. Consults with management on issues and questions relating to executive compensation. Provides market analysis, maintains salary structures, and provides job evaluation for all executive level jobs.
2. Job Analysis: Evaluates executive level jobs through competitive market analysis and job evaluation programs. Responsible for job description maintenance, FLSA determination, market pricing and all compensation related questions. Assures compensation programs are consistently applied.
3. Consulting and Collaboration: Acts as the primary contact and liaison in the HR department for executive compensation related functions. Works with affiliate HR Executives and senior leadership to deliver compensation solutions. Collaborates with Recruiting to review executive level promotions and employment offers and formulates salary recommendations as needed.
4. Executive Compensation Programs: Leads the implementation of system-wide executive compensation programs including but not limited to annual pay increases and incentive programs. Independently develops recommendations for market and equity adjustments. Identifies potential internal or organizational equity issues. Develops reports outlining cost implications and impact analyses for management review and approval. Composes proposals, survey result summaries and supporting data in a neat, comprehensive format for review. Develops timeline and guideline criteria necessary for the timely planning and implementation of executive compensation programs and projects.
5. Project Management: Responsible for program and project assignments working independently or collaboratively as appropriate to accomplish the assigned executive compensation analysis. Identify executive compensation-related issues and assist in developing strategies to address them proactively. Keep supervisor informed of project(s) status and any potential problems or political concerns. All assignments are completed on time within the boundaries of the agreed upon delivery date. All outcomes are explained to customers and concerns are constructively resolved.
● Bachelor's degree in a related field.
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Five (5) years of experience in compensation with additional experience in executive compensation.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to effectively convey complex and detailed technical information to a diverse population. Excellent analytical, requirement gathering, problem-solving and project management skills. Superior teamwork skills. Ability to prioritize and coordinate multiple complex projects simultaneously while adhering to strict deadlines. Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality. Intense focus on detail and accuracy of work. Advanced knowledge and use of Excel.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: HR Compensation
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Morrisville
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.